OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rat 200
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myrna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: The Rat 200 Reply with quote

Here's some info on the 2009 River Jet Boat Marathon. Contact Alex Figel or Brad Sandul for more information. Need more entries guys, or this marathon will be cancelled!

Just click on the X for now, we are trying to figure out a cure for documents and pdf's on the forum.

Racers' Package 2009.doc
 Description:
 Filesize:  111 KB
 Viewed:  23471 Time(s)

Racers' Package 2009.doc

2009-River Jet Boat Marathon-Grande Prairie to Wapiti Gardens2.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.2 KB
 Viewed:  23471 Time(s)

2009-River Jet Boat Marathon-Grande Prairie to Wapiti Gardens2.pdf

2009-RiverJetBoat.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  173 KB
 Viewed:  23473 Time(s)

2009-RiverJetBoat.pdf

Last edited by Myrna on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 13 times in total
Northgate Honda Racing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the nervous wreck back in race shape and get in there Brad!
www.northgatehonda.com
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*****We must have 15 paid registrations by May 6 or this race will be cancelled******
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse,
Can I get an explanation to the "Non-refundable registration fees", can someone enlighten me as to why this would be in effect? From this side of the fence, why would I send $600.00 to a club only to never see it again if there are not enough entrys, what happens if someone were to blow up their motor days before the race, while testing, or any other kind of an emergency arises?
Karey
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
Jesse,
Can I get an explanation to the "Non-refundable registration fees", can someone enlighten me as to why this would be in effect? From this side of the fence, why would I send $600.00 to a club only to never see it again if there are not enough entrys, what happens if someone were to blow up their motor days before the race, while testing, or any other kind of an emergency arises?
Karey

Early registration fees will be fully refundable if 15 boats are not registered by May 6. In fact, the cheques aren't even going to be cashed until May 6 and only if there are at least 15 boats registered.

As racers our selves, we fully understand that emergencies can arise at the last minute, and are therefore confident that a fair solution with our club executive can be found to a legitimate emergency. So, please don't let the unlikely possibility of an emergency prevent you from preregistering.

Feel free to contact me directly (cell-780-831-9165) if anyone has any specific questions or concerns.

MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rat 200 is a go! We have 16 prepaid registered boats and many more still to register, we should have over 20 boats at the race. Thank you to all who preregistered!!
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting a great deal on rooms for racers from one of our local hotels that has been one of our most loyal and strongest supporters, so please support them. It is a great place to stay and they have excellent food in their restaurant, as well as a large parking lot for boats.

Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie would like to offer all racers attending “The Rat 200” boat race a reduced rate of $79.00 + Applicable Taxes. This rate applies to Single, Double or Triple occupancy. This is a savings of almost $50.00 per room! This rate will be honored to racers June 18th- June 22nd. If longer stays are needed this will also be accommodated.

With 201 tastefully appointed rooms the Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie will definitely have the availability to accommodate. Cots are also available upon request. All rooms on property consist of 2 queen sized beds, coffee maker, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, fridge and microwave. Kitchenettes are also available with all the above amenities as well as oven and stove top ranges. All rooms have wireless internet service with 24 hour technical support. Stanford Inn also has a large parking lot to the west of the building which supplies ample parking for trailers.

Located just above our Front Desk, a newly renovated and equipped Guest Fitness Facility is available for use. Weight room includes a Bow Flex Revolution, Treadmills, Stationary Bike, Elliptical Trainer, Free Weights and Dry Sauna. Complimentary water and towels are available.

Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie also has an onsite Restaurant. Delmonica’s Restaurant is open daily from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Sipps Lounge is open Monday through Friday 11:00am to 1:00am, Saturday 2:00pm to 1:00am and closed Sundays.

You will find our courteous front desk staff is available 24 hours a day to take care of all your needs. A complimentary “I forgot service” is also available in the event items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, shaving cream or deodorant have been left at home.

Thank you for taking the time to read over our rate offer and we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like to take a look at some of our property photo’s you may find some online at www.grandeprairiestanfordhotel.com

ntjetboater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP Race Action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6wN59CAf0

MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note changes to the Race schedule:

Saturday, June 20, 2009 total of 80 miles

Leg #1 - 10:00 am -O’Brien Park to Smoky Flats
Leg #2- 1:00 pm -Circuit race at O'Brien Park

Sunday, June 21, 2009- total of 80 miles

Leg #3 - 10:00 am - O’Brien Park to Wapiti Gardens
Leg #4 - 1:00 pm - Wapiti Gardens to O’Brien Park

Note: for both your and the racers safety, please observe the following guidelines - ALL spectator boats must be parked "OFF THE RACE LINE AND/OR MAIN RIVER CHANNEL" at least 30 minutes prior to the start of and 30 minutes after the end of the race.

SO:
Saturday
Leg #1 - 10:00 am - O’Brien Park to Smoky Flats- be parked from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm.
Leg #2- 1:00 pm - 6:00+ pm Circuit race at O'Brien Park - River closed to all recreational boat travel between Nighthawk Ski Hill and Magoos Landing.

Sunday
Wapiti River closed to recreational boat travel between O'Brien Park and Wapiti Gardens from 9:30 am to 5:00+ pm.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation! Enjoy the races and have a safe weekend.

Last edited by MISSBHAVEN on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pressurevac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: 100 miles??? Reply with quote

Are you serious? 100 miles return?? What were you using to measure that distance....a tape measure? There were a few boats that run there and not 1 of them found it to be more that 40 miles 1 way. For those of us who are not familiar with that river, some ACCURATE info would be appreciated! For all those who are racing this weekend and might not be familiar with that leg, it is only 38 miles from O'Brian park to Wapiti Gardens.....NOT 50 like someone decided to say it was!
As you can tell...I am pissy with bad info coming from what is supposed to be a good source (and race organizer?).
Hopefully for the next race in Peace River someone can inform us a little better of where the hell we are racing to with some accurate distances. This info posted above is a bloody joke!
wtraugr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!!!
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 100 miles??? Reply with quote

pressurevac wrote:
Are you serious? 100 miles return?? What were you using to measure that distance....a tape measure? There were a few boats that run there and not 1 of them found it to be more that 40 miles 1 way. For those of us who are not familiar with that river, some ACCURATE info would be appreciated! For all those who are racing this weekend and might not be familiar with that leg, it is only 38 miles from O'Brian park to Wapiti Gardens.....NOT 50 like someone decided to say it was!
As you can tell...I am pissy with bad info coming from what is supposed to be a good source (and race organizer?).
Hopefully for the next race in Peace River someone can inform us a little better of where the hell we are racing to with some accurate distances. This info posted above is a bloody joke!

Sorry for the bad info, I cut and pasted from the origional Racers Package without noticing the error. However, it's usually better to navigate by destination, not mileage. Wapiti Gardens is easily recognizable by about 15 cabins on about 1/2 mile of river bank. Don't become overly reliant on your GPS, what happens if it fails? Use your GPS to "compliment" your navigation only. If its unclear or your uncertain how to recognize your destination, just ask someone, just like everyone did before GPS's became more widely used.

Also, next time don't get "pissy" on the internet, discuss your problem in a professional manner directly with the person(s) that you have a disagreement with.

Will R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jesse dont worry about pressurevac like they say there's one in every bunch,you guys do a hell of a job and really make an awsome event go really smoothly as a note to pressurevac that is what PRE-RUNNING is for.going to tryand make it for sunday had trouble with damn ignition gremlins but got it fired up late tonight so going to run er first thing in the morning and if all goes good then hammer down to gp if you guys will let me run to wapiti gardens and return.anyways if it dont than i hope every one has a safe and fun race weekend!And remember when in doubt,hammer down!
reeder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Will, I think someone must've sh%*t in pressurevac's cornflakes. The racing today was awesome and the circuit racing was exciting for the spectators as well as the racers themselves and a great addition to the Rat 200. Great job everybody!
Salmon River Jetboat Race

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Since i'm really bummed that i can't just come to every race, I gotta have an update on how things are going. Thanks in advance, Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: