OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Exhaust Questions ... I Need STUFF!!! ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NastyEdge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Custom Exhaust Questions ... I Need STUFF!!! ... Reply with quote

What I need is the name or web address of someone who supplies water jaketed headers for a cute little aluminum headed, roller valvetrain, 40 over, 502. I don't mean the cast kodiak style stuff..... i mean water jaketed, 4 primary to a collector, high quality (read.....probably expensive ass hell..) big tube headers. Any information will be appreciated. I would like to run these headers to a common 6 in. pipe or header that runs across the back by the transom and empties at 4- 2.5 in. dia. ports spaced evenly across the transom under the pump guard plate. I do need an aluminum addict to build this "pipe or header" as well. It would be a cylinder of 6 in. aluminun about 64 in. long with 2- 4 in. inlet stubs and 4- 2.5 in. outlet stubs. All the connections will be made with marine ehaust hose. Volunteers?..... Question
Cavefish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.keitheickert.com/detail.aspx?ID=2523 Others make them also, and boy you are right, they ARE expensive!
Kev-o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are downright awesome we run them on the 572 powered boats. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.
NastyEdge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. That'll help.
bottom feeder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty edge, Here are some MFG for you to look at. Stellings Rewarder Hardin Marine Lightning If you have no luck i could post some links
YKX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: headers Reply with quote

go to: www.eddymarine.com They are in the states, have some nice headers, but $$$$ YKX
NastyEdge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the winner is lightning 36 wide jet headers.....Loser my company account....damn no taxes this year Laughing . Kev What do you guys charge for uhmmm.. an estimate on:
1) A custom exhaust system fab and install.
2) My pump intake has had the swinging portion of a grate removed...bad cavitation out the hole but fine when up on plane. This made it better but I wanna remove the rest of the grid and have you straighten the mess that leaves behind. Can we say fluid dynamics....
3) I had an arguement with some waves in Otter Rapids and Sluice Falls on the Churchill and redecorated my bow ever so slightly on one side...I need it pounded out...No paint though-paints for race boats....then again so are rulz....heh.
The motor i had built probably wouldnt be legal in any class but I do fill it at the pumps and change oil pretty much. GM 502 bored slightly, steel crank, eagle aluminum rods, Je 9.38:1 forged aluminum pistons, elderbrock adonized aluminum marine large oval port heads, stainless steel 2.25 in. intake and Iconel (not sure size) exhaust valves, 110cc. (Premium pump gas only)
Comp Cams 427 custom ground marine roller cam (read 2 months delivery time) with hydraulic roller lifter and roller rockers. All MSD Ignition system.
Bit more torque...turns the SD309 at 5000 on the cheap little Farris guages and if you believe the little fuses I use to keep me uhmmm.. in line its actually 5300 rpm. All tolled about 20 000 cdn. As you might guess this changes a few things...things I havent thought of specifically Confused
Im guessin drop it off and let you guys stare at it for a while and see how I best spend the money the dreaded taxman wants so damned bad. Laughing
Its a rather larger boat built by Alex in 2000. Now 600 er so hp, and a stereo with 5 Denon Amps a crossover and 10 speakers, starting with 2 15 in. Cerwin Vega Subs. I've been through class 5 rapids with up to 12 willing victims and had it out on Reindeer Lake in Sk. in up 15 ft plus waves.....sorta like surfing in that stuff..... lol... Damn good fishin though.
www.ne2inc.ca
Kev-o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty Edge That`s Quite a set up you got there, Just give Curt R. a call @ the shop! sweet motor sounds good! Twisted Evil
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil Marine and of course Kodiak Marine http://www.kemequipment.com/engparts(exhaust).html depends where you want to go and how much is way to much.Some lakes here in the midwest have band over the transom headers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: