OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Peace River Gold Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: 2009 Peace River Gold Cup Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that worked so hard to make this very difficult race happen. Although there was issues and many penalty infractions that did not get called it was still racing and thats what we went for so thanks again.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mark i think i seen some of those infractions...would it by chance have to do with certain boats being on step entering the staging area and running the line which should've been like a ten minute penalty or something like that?
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until this year, it seems, all boats had to be in the staging area, off step until the 10 second flag was hoisted, then you could go, It started in Wct this year, people running the start line, no penalties were given out there either, I'm not sure if it is even a rule in the UIM book, but it should be
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir. If it only happened once then I could see it. But I watched it twice in Peace River and once in G.P. Every time there was at least 10 people who watched it happen but no penalty.nothing against the racer. If you can get away with it why not. The idea of the rules and officials is to keep EVERYONE honest. In this case it was the difference between winning or loosing the championship. O well it could have ben worse, We could have sunk the boat also. There is always next year.

sandman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't have lost anything if the parts didn't break! On the penalty subject, there should have been some penalties assessed for missing drivers meetings too. After all, it all goes toward the championship, right? That one is in the UIM rule book. The staging area penalty isn't, but it is to be addressed in the next few weeks when the rule change meeting takes place. Don't miss that meeting!
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be right Sandman but then there should have been alot more penalties given out for the previous races for running the staging area. So then we are back to the same thing. Yes parts can break but the times would still stand. It has been an adopted rule for years because it was a safety infraction but I guess if we don't care about safety because it is not in the UIM book then we should all do it.

Us navigators go go round and round for hours about this but whats done is done and all we can do is try and do better next year. Wink

One last thing I want to make clear that I DON'T blame any of the other racers for there infractions. We have done some real good ones. Mistakes are made sometimes. If I would have known that we could run the staging area we would have done it also. Good for the guys that figured it out .

MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
Wouldn't have lost anything if the parts didn't break! On the penalty subject, there should have been some penalties assessed for missing drivers meetings too. After all, it all goes toward the championship, right? That one is in the UIM rule book. The staging area penalty isn't, but it is to be addressed in the next few weeks when the rule change meeting takes place. Don't miss that meeting!

I asked Brian McGregor on Sunday about the DNS and missing the drivers meeting penalties and he said that the DNS penalty displaces the drivers meeting penalty, ie. you don't need to be at the drivers meeting if you're not racing......which makes sense, right! Razz Laughing Very Happy This is why I've never heard of anyone getting both a DNS and drivers meeting penalty.

No Bad Days

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to submitt the following rules for discussion only and possible adoption at the next rule change meeting.

1)When the 10 second (green) flag goes up, all boats who are scheduled to start and are in the staging area, must, at one point, be off step.

2)If a boat enters the staging area and is on step after the 10 second flag
and does not come off step before the start flag is dropped, a 10 minute penalty will be issued to the boat or boats not comming off step.

3)After the start flag has been dropped a boat may enter and pass through the staging area and cross the start line on step.

These rules will apply to all up stream and down stream starts, mass and single starts.

Again, this is to start discussion only. Please read, add your thoughts, digest it and discuss more at the next meeting.

Thanks, Dave B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: