OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karey Crawford (is) may be the REAL champ
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is missing here?Is there a Hometown atvantage?Fritz broke his crank I am sure if he had a back up short block he would have been in the hunt.The issue over algee and leg changes and now speak now or forever hold your peace issue.
So next year the worlds come to Mexico will there be a problem?sure will maybe over a US/Mexican/Kiwi based team that comes out of no where and takes all the mables.
We should be happy we had a place to race let alone no teams being killed and only one spectator being slighty tuned up (sorry KX)Its the price of racing that cost so much and insurance liebility traveling the list is endless.Like any World Series was this a bad call?is this now sour grapes. Cheers
White Sox win the world series

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Ok, I could have choose my words a little more carefully, but I still stand by my original ideas. How can there be sure glareing omitions in the rule book to allow such "odd"disissions be made? It's 2 years in a row that there has been end result changing disissions made from a group of officials, not the rule book.
But at least it opened some discussion on the whole deal.
Shocked Cool Confused
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about the UIM rules, as I have helped to write them out.

The UIM rules do not have a prevision on what the penalty, if any, is to be applied to a race boat that causes a particular leg to be cancelled.

In short, a boat had an accident and as a result the race course was considered blocked or too dangerous to run, so the leg is cancelled. As the leg is cancelled, none of the boats that participated have a racing time awarded (they are considered the same as the boats that could not start after the accident). This includes the accident boat. If there is not a leg to be sanctioned, the boat cannnot have a DNF as it is a cancelled leg.

I was not at the event, and can't have an opinion on whether it was necessary to cancel that particular leg because of that particular incident

Given the information I have and that has been published in this and other forums, It is my opinion that the Judges acted in compliance to the UIM rulebook as posted by SouthIdahoGary above.

But to keep the controversy on, I can tell that the UIM rules for other types of circuit races do state that a boat that causes a red flag is disqualified from that particular heat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: