OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michigan in November
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Michigan in November Reply with quote

Well I'm still at Leads place and its 1 am Mon morning. I should be 6 hrs away at home already but today didn't go quite as well as I'd have liked.
I suppose I should be saying what we discussed on the river ' I don't wanna talk about it!"
I can't much say that.
Xero spun out and stuffed the transom under causing the boat to partially sink pretty early in our run. Enough to end my day early and what a shame the Muskegon is one cool little river.
That said I cannot emphasize how much I apreciate all these 3 guys did for me today. I feel/felt bad to ruin what could have been a decent day boating spending it cold and wet getting my boat off the bottom. You guys rock and I will drive 12+ hours to boat with you anyday. Its certainly not fun seeing you boat literally under 3 feet of water in the middle of nowhere but these guys not only made it tolerable but nearly enjoyable(?) We did get some cool footage with me (foolishly) trying to hang with a sportjet in a narrow/twisty river and we have the spin on my rollbar cam. I have yet to see what footage the sportjet got but am told its on there too. All I can say is I hooked a sponson in the 'jets wake and couldn't save it. The bank was so steep it drove the transom under and we swamped. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Seriously great guys and seeing what candian beer did to Jeff was the funniest thing I have seen in along time, don't give a guy from Michigan 8 Canadians and a Santa hat unless you want some classic entertainment. I doubt I would have been able to laugh as hard as I did if I wasn't with 3 great guys busting their asses to make sure I went home with a boat.
Means the world to me guys not to have to go home with an empty trailer
I'm still cold and a little wet so Im going to crash out but video to follow and again guys, thanks so so much. some cool stories to talk about and that was a hell of ride in the sportjet "charging a battery" (anyone ever hit a deer in a sportjet????? Shocked Shocked ) Beer can boating alive and well in Michigan
Next time lets sink something in Canada!!!!!!!!!!
Shocked

Cheers (no more beer for Santa Wink )

JamesS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear no one was hurt! (I hope Rolling Eyes ).
How did the boat fair?. What about the engine?
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I missed a hell of a good time glad your Ok James and metal can be fixxed
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good nite sleep and I feel a hell of alot better. Soon as a few clothes dry I am back on the road.
It wasn't a violent crash at all and no one got hurt. (maybe we should ask navigator Harrison what it felt like! surely I can blame this on him somehow can't I?) I'd have felt aweful if that had been part of our day. I guess the only injuries might be bruises from Santa falling down a "few" times LMFAO
Boat is/will be fine, gotta get that motor stripped down and dried out and get the sand/silt out of it asap. My ego may be more difficult to repair!!
I'll be back, that river is awesome.
Extra thanks to Mark who didn't know me from a hole in the wall but opened up his home to me. I always knew boat people are good people but jetboat people are even better!
Lets do it again soon man(ok maybe not 'exactly' the same but...)
Cheers

hcw3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xerophobic wrote:
(maybe we should ask navigator Harrison what it felt like! surely I can blame this on him somehow can't I?)

Dude I told you to turn left, not hook it left, run it up the bank and stuff the transom. Laughing

The impact really wasn't bad, I've certainly felt worse impacts on Leadville's boat. You just got it at the right (wrong) angle...

As far as dragging your boat out of the water, we wouldn't have it any other way. And if we wouldn't have gotten it out yesterday, we would have gotten it out today. Failure is not option.

Despite dropping out of engineering school 10 years ago, I still like a good challenge, and I was glad to be there to help. I just wish Jeff would have left me another beer. Wink

Your quality folk there James. COme see us anytime and we'll run that river proper.

Harrison

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys sound like you are having a great time out there getting to know your tin boats. You'd fit in here any day for sure. It's nice to see ya spreading the word. Very Happy
hcw3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW...I was more than willing to say what happens in Michigan stays in Michigan, but since you let the word out of the bag, let the photos and video flow... Wink
leadvilleone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allright, here they come

hcw3_rigging_xero.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.86 KB
 Viewed:  24978 Time(s)

hcw3_rigging_xero.jpg

landing.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.96 KB
 Viewed:  24978 Time(s)

landing.jpg

leadvilleone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xero, some vivid memories were made
sorry about the scratches across the bow of you boat when we had it mid-stream and ran it over with the sport jet

oh yea, and on the roll bar...and the valve covers....

we accomplished quite a feat floating that thing
it is amazing what a $50 winch can do when you coax it with two 8ft pry bars, eh?

we'll go boating again, may have to wait till spring though
you are one hell of a sport
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wow time to invest in some floatbags thats Kiwi tuff Jet Boating
Shaun would be proud of you.Maybe next summer we can get some Kiwis here for more Jet Boat fun

AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with Guys that have done that a time or two !

For what's it worth, what we've done is, as soon as you get it out of the water and on the trailer take it someplace where you can fill it completly with Diesel Fuel. Threw the carb till it runs out the valve covers, then drain it out the oil drain and do it again. This floats the water out and lubricates the internals. Drain the float bowls and tanks if needed.

Usually get them running the same day, unless it's really dirty silty water!
The inside will rust right away if you don't get it filled with something oily!

Anyway, still looks like fun ! Next time I'm in.

Midwest. let me know ahead of time........
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sand/silt is my main worry so I will take the motor out and dissaemble at least to the long block. Flush with a ton of fluids and get her dried out
I felt a tickly in my throat before I went down which is now full blown flu, of course just my luck but the motor can't wait so I came in to the shop after a day of sleep to get at her.
Of course if I hadn';t taken the day off I would have missed the gravel truck that flipped directly in front of my house! Shocked I ran out and helped the guy out. Full size tractor/trailer. Quite the sight and made one hell of a bang..... I'm sure I'll be on the news for that one haha

Back to work...
Cheers

JR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xerophobic wrote:
The sand/silt is my main worry so I will take the motor out and dissaemble at least to the long block. Flush with a ton of fluids and get her dried out
I felt a tickly in my throat before I went down which is now full blown flu, of course just my luck but the motor can't wait so I came in to the shop after a day of sleep to get at her.
Of course if I hadn';t taken the day off I would have missed the gravel truck that flipped directly in front of my house! Shocked I ran out and helped the guy out. Full size tractor/trailer. Quite the sight and made one hell of a bang..... I'm sure I'll be on the news for that one haha

Back to work...
Cheers

James you are one lucky Falla to get your boat back.. ( You should boat in water like us man.) Just deep enough to get your knee's wet ( Not even)..Cheers JR
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Lead he said with the rain that they had,raised the water level over a foot and if my sprint would have been there it would have made recovery alot easyer.
YKX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Right ON! Reply with quote

One for the memory books for sure!

YKX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: