OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horsepower Classe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Horsepower Classe Reply with quote

I say,

All clubs together, put aside some money and purchase a portable dyno, or get our hands on one somehow, one that could be adapted to a pumpshaft, we fit it with water and all the necessary ingredients to test engines out of the water

When you register your boat for the race, you would register in one of the 5 classes

- (U) Unlimited (Piston or Turbine as it is an unlimited class)
- (A) no more than 750 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (B) no more than 650 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (LS) no more than 550 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (FX) no more than 400 hp @ 5000 rpm, might need 2 classes of FX, one for Tunnels and one for V-EE bottoms

After each race, the top four per class get tested,

Horsepower in each Class suggested above are only suggestions

The dyno would travel to all the races and be USED every race,

I haven't done any searching for such a machine but I'm sure we could find something or build something to work, then it wouldn't matter if Joe Blow had roller rockers, or if Dan Dingbat had different pistons, you see where I'm going with this, Fords, Chev's or Dodges, it wouldn't matter, only the loose nut behind the wheel

Sounds pretty simple, Heh

Pick your Class and Race
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, obviously can't spell Classes, and can't figure out spell check
Will R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here!now this is a damn good idea...of all the gm this ford, that ,allowed not allowed,what ever and so on..this would eliminate the bs and bickering... sounds good to me!
RPM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit , that would be cool to build . unbolt the bowl and impeller and bolt on the portable dyno do it close to the ramp , lot's of water in the river . Don't think A + B classes should have hp restricted tho .
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have setup a Land & Sea dyno to do just that for watercraft before. Seemed to work fine.

Don't want to spoil the mood here but I can think of a few ways right off the top to screw with that system and there ARE alot more devious people than me out there. Like the idea though!

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Stealth Racing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is really wrong with the way fx is run now??? It seems to be a popular class and growing yearly so if is not broke don't fix it. The ls class was tested this last race season and other then Spencer no one else that are Ford or Dodge fans tried any of these other engines, we seem to have alot of opinions but no actions, I think just leave the fx class the way it is and play with the "ls" class before it becomes a class.
FiredUp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the discussion on here is great, I am all for the improvment of this sport. Cheaper Racing in my opinion is the only way for this sport to grow[/b][/b]. Whether it is in restricted engines, hull, wieghts what ever it may be that is the recipe for success, who knows. But posting on the forums will get us now where unless people are willing to send in rule changes and or rules additions to Brian M prior to Oct 31, 2009. All new rules/additions must be reviewed/ discussed and voted on Nov 7, 2009 here in Grande Prairie. Until us racers attend these meetings and discuss/ vote on any new matters all efforts and opionions expressed on this forum are all for nothing.

So submit the paper work boys and lets change this sport for the better as group instead of individuals!
Jay,

See you all Nov 7, 2009 at 2 PM, Stanford Inn (Grande Prairie)

Western Zone/CBF– List of Proposed Rule changes

ATTENTION!! Fill only the information of the rule you want to change or add
There will be a rules committee picked to review all rule changes from each club
All rule changes to be submitted by October 31,2009 to Brian McGregor
Please submitt Rules to (magoo@gpnet.ca) or (brianmc1@telusplanet.net)

Submitted by :______________________________________

Rule Book Section /__________________

New/Current Rule # : _______________ Page : _______________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rule Book Section / _______________________

New/Current Rule # : _______________________ Page : _____________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, filled out and sent to Brian, to be put on the adgenda
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boosted,
I'm not a motorhead, but how could one mess with stuff if the dyno had to be done as soon as you got out of the water, maybe I haven't put enuff thought into it, can you give me a few hints

I suggested A & B because there are lots of guys with all sorts of cu in motors out there that might run either class, take someone with a 572, if it was under the min hp, he could run A or B, or if someone had a big block with smaller hp, but a way more durrable than our little wizzy motors, he could run B, we may get more participants out,

Set FX class's hp at the crate motor spec,

LS at the top end of the LS Class spec, (whatever mfg)

If we don't do something regarding the costs of our motors, or accomadating/changing so those 2 classes become more affordable, I feel A & B Classes will soon be gone
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...Jude from california, here. thinking about racing some Races up there and want to fit in a class, racing BBFX in USA right now but racing is slim to none right now, Trying to pick a class to get into, and I read all this talk about making rule changes and adding/deleting certain engines and getting the cost down.. I guess what I am trying to say is if the engine and or hull rules and classes get changed every year I still have to buy a new engine or outlay some type of large amount of money to either stay in a class or move up in a class or just compete in the same class because of an ever changing rules? Was thinking about the LS class, but if a year or 2 class no longer exists now i'm stuck trying comply with new rules....? or Am I way off base?
rokchucker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think rusty's got a good point there.once theyve decided what to go with they need to stick to it.that being said the only way to figure out what formula works best is to try some diffrent ones.
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
Boosted,
I'm not a motorhead, but how could one mess with stuff if the dyno had to be done as soon as you got out of the water, maybe I haven't put enuff thought into it, can you give me a few hints

I suggested A & B because there are lots of guys with all sorts of cu in motors out there that might run either class, take someone with a 572, if it was under the min hp, he could run A or B, or if someone had a big block with smaller hp, but a way more durrable than our little wizzy motors, he could run B, we may get more participants out,

Set FX class's hp at the crate motor spec,

LS at the top end of the LS Class spec, (whatever mfg)

If we don't do something regarding the costs of our motors, or accomadating/changing so those 2 classes become more affordable, I feel A & B Classes will soon be gone

Well just for start one can hook up a microswitch for timing retard that could not be found. Another would be another switch to change the carb venting pressures to richen it up for dyno test. Using a transmitter would not be hard of so no wires are visable. You could plum EGR under the intake and have it electronically controlled to kill the power for dyno tests Thats just off the top of my head. There are alot of people smarter than me out there.

Another isuue would be for repairs during the race(not that ever happens). I don't think that we would have the time to redyno a motor everytime somone sets the valves. It's not that I don't like the idea I just know how hard it would be to police.

I do think that you are right in that the A&B classes time may be coming to an end. Are you running B this year or did you find a prtty ls engine?

FiredUp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one problem exsists with Canada creating its own agenda and rules, what happens when the UIM doesn't adopt many of our new rule changes? If a racer wants to attend a UIM worlds event then his current race engine program may not be inline with the UIM classifications. Therefore it means spending more money on motors etc in order to fit into the UIM classifications/rules.

I have heard guys talking about this issue in the last couple weeks, I do understand that there is two sides to every coin. Canada has pretty much always raced by UIM rules and classes (with the except of the claimer/C class, which is gone). Hopefully this LS class may lead the way of future in the UIM, who knows.

I know in my case, If we has a group could create racing classes that are affordable and reliable, I am all in. I would not care about a UIM Title. I sure as hell know my wife doesn't care about UIM sanctioned titles, as long as this jetboat racing gets cheaper!
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay is that you?

Well we are Canadians aren't we. We tend to dance to our own tune Laughing

If there is a comparable Ford engine we should allow it. If it works well then in the next season one can start to think about getting it adopted to the UIM. If it does not then The racers running the Fords just won't get UIM points. As was said my wife couldn't care less about the UIM points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: