OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horsepower Classe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like everyone to think about this for a bit, money is tight, and we all want to race, if we could get a motor to last, like 4 seasons, how many more racers would be interested or get back racing, you could take a, lets say for arguments sake, a 1000hp motor and de-tune it to fit a 750hp class, it should last a helluva lot longer, and possibly be able to run on pump gas, then more of the focus would be on set-up and driving abilities then
RPM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not in at 750 HP but i like your idea for the jet "dyno" . if it could be calibrated and reliable it would be a good way to set-up restricted Canadian classes and if guys want to run in the worlds classes they can do that when it's here or if they travel to the other worlds races .
RPM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one bad is having to open up your jet so all the guys lurking around (like me Smile ) can get a look at your impeller and intake Laughing
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He He,
I was thinking of setting it up in a security tent so that all the go fast secrets would remain secrets
DOC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason people leave boat racing.
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOC wrote:
Another reason people leave boat racing.

So Doc, you left because Kary had a security tent? Laughing

If you got back into boat racing would you go for a hp class or a crate class. Being that the speeds were the same.
Lets say 550 hp class or the new ls class so 100 mph boats.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
DOC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i didnt leave because Karey had a security tent, dont get me wrong theres nothin i like better than WOT at 100 plus for 30 to 40 minutes, or blazin around the circuit 6 times i just couldnt afford it anymore. I put around 100 passes on my dragster this summer, burned 2 barrels of fuel, broke 1 rocker arm, changed the oil once, set the valves after every weekend, won some money, finished tenth overall and had a helluva good time and my 622 is still running strong. Im gonna have louie have a look at it but im pretty sure he wont find anything wrong with it. 1 new set of tires for 800 $ a barrel of fuel and im racin again. I think the only way i would race boats again is if i found a really rich sponser or win the lottery. Next year 7 of our 12 races are for 5000 $$ 1 for 3000 $$ and the rest are 1200 $$ hope to win some serious cash next year.
Alumaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave...cheaper yes. But can it compete with the excitement of floating down the river clinging to the nose of your boat, then getting it dried out and winning the next day. Very Happy
DOC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt wish that on anyone, way to much work !!!
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't make the rules meeting, can someone fill me in on what the feelings were among the attendees regarding this proposal
sandman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karey,
Consensus was that it is too easy to "detune" an engine for a dyno pull, then have it right back at it's max hp at the flick of a switch or other devices. Too easy to plug a carb vent and make a motor run rich for the dyno pull, just as one example. There were a whole pile of other examples! Someone a little more motor savvy than myself could rattle off a dozen ways to cheat. Also, we have enough trouble finding people to do tech inspections etc now, add in a heavier work load and there is a chance that nobody will want to volunteer services, this could force the race commitees into making it a paid position.
If the FX rule of "Confiscating" a cheater engine ever gets enforced, which in my opinion is highly unlikely, you will probably not see that person wanting to do the tech inspection again. Rules are rules, bla, bla, bla, but the reality is that someone will not too easily just give up their 5-10K engine. It sure won't happen in some parking lot after tech inspection! It will have to be a voluntary thing and we all know that it would be next to impossible to enforce. The 3 race suspension rule is enforceable, make it 2 years instead and it has teeth!
Hopefully there is some honor among racers, but demonstrations to the contrary show up all the time. Sealed engines are the only way I can think of to get past this, but then what hoops do we go through to get an engine rebuild re-certified? Any engine builder can re-certify an engine for you, tweaks are optional, hello wallet racing!

Coyotitto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we could all get our ex wife's to be techs I am sure they would not have any problem taking engines. On second thought thats not a good idea they might show up with their lawyers and end up with the boats to.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know mine has pretty sharp teeth
rokchucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coyotitto wrote:
maybe we could all get our ex wife's to be techs I am sure they would not have any problem taking engines. On second thought thats not a good idea they might show up with their lawyers and end up with the boats to.
if that was the case,any offender (real or imagined)would be WALKING home. in their ginch. Shocked hell,when my ex figgers out that im building a race boat that may be enough of an offence .
MaxPower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certailnly don't have the solution, I thought fxsb would be one. I'm glad I didn't get into it, put your heart and soul, all your dough, build a legal fx boat and some jackass spanks you with a cheater motor and gets away with it. Sealed engines is probably the only way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: