OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX rules
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazypollock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: CX rules Reply with quote

Just wondering if the CX rules are available for 2011 World's yet?
Alumaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The next UIM meeting is in Mexico next month. Currently the Canadian 2010 CX class rules as voted by the Western Zone have not changed.
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many boats are currently in the CX class and How Many are projected for the 2011 season (canadian worlds)? as stated before , I am thinking of going to the CX class myself but don't want to get into it if theres only a couple....currently running in USA BBFX.

Does anyone have an idea on the number of boats?
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was three at Whitcourt last year. None at G.P as Rob sold his to the Weavers and they ran A class at G.P. Glen Freeland had to work. At Peac River there was theree again but they only ran exibition on some legs because the Weavers and Spencer King was running other classes at the same time.

Not sure how many for this season. I know we would be running it if we had enough $ to make it happen. Anyone looking for a real good B motor?

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
fx87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was talk of 4 or 5 more from this area but talks cheap.We have purchased or engine and im pretty sure willy r will also.There a couple for 2010
Alumaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jude, for Canada 2010, my guess is somewhere between 3 and 8 CX boats. For the world's in 2011 it will depend on;
-how the CX class performs in 2010 (continued motor reliability, perceived fair, 100mph performance, etc.etc. the stuff that will make those on the fence join in)
- the economy (sponsors, teams, families, insert name here _____________, are still short on play money)
- UIM sanctioning (some teams may decide not to run this class if it's not a "book class"

So that said....could be over 10 boats in 2011. (Remember when FX jumped up 14 boats at the 2007 worlds)

And now the politically dangerous opinion... BBFX is all but dead. Sorry.

I believe that a future exists in the CX class.

Not an easy choice as your nicely set up for BBFX class which should continue to have a following in the US this year.

Will there be enough CX boats to run a U.S. CX class this year?

Would be great to see you come North!!
RPM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve has a new hull almost finnished , pretty sure he is going cx . are the ct525 engines sealed??
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ct525 is a sealled race engine. The ls 376 is not.

rustyzipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to race the worlds in canada next year but dont want to race with my BB ZZ502, I would have to race in unlimited and would be 35mph off the pace with those guys...just trying to make sure there will be a worlds class for the CX before investing in a CT525. I guess if CX class is not in the worlds I could race A class with the CT525, but still would be a little slow......How are the CT525 holding up? ignition problems? I have heard several stories but none from actual boats running them
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ignition issues that people are talking about have not been proven yet but It looks as though the Msd/ gm lsx controller is not quite up to high rpm endurance applications. It does not fail but looses some of its energy and seems to cause a drop in hp after a minute or so at WOT. I herd 100-150 rpm.some of the ideas are 1.some guys have installed the front distributor drive assembly and just ran a FORD dissy on the front instead. 2. One could run the ecu for the fuel injected units and modify it to just run the ignition (can be done pretty easily). 3. There is another company that is making another ignition box and coils that have larger coils and a higher power controller at http://www.waterthunder.com/parts.aspx?p=ignition
I am sure that there is a few other possibilities also.

Mechanically the engine seems good so far. I don't think anyone had any issues mechanically that left the ls376's stock. The one that Weavers have got a fair amount of hours on it also prerunning the races and racing in some plus the intial testing that Rob did.

I am not sure if theree is any in Mexico but if there is it will be another good test for them.

RPM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boosted wrote:
The ct525 is a sealled race engine. The ls 376 is not.

good, probably the easiest way to deal with having to tech a restricted class . although it will cause problems with maintaince with things like say an oil leak . so far these ls engines seem amazing for having cast internals , hopefully they remain reliable and have ongoing availability.

crazypollock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not up to par on the whole sealed issue? Does that mean that it will be totally oem? No internal work whatsoever? I know some of the FX racers have went through their zz4's and checked everything and reassemble? I really like the idea of somehow sealing the engine from factory.
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the ct525 has special bolt caps that connot be removed without breaking them on the intake and a few other areas of the engine. If for some reason some repairs needed to be made then there are a few different ways that the tech guys can reseal the engines.

CaptainCrazy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also see that F.A.S.T. makes a Xmi standalone ignition controller as well. I know they make great electronics. Has anyone tried any other controller than the msd and gmpp pieces?
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Looks like the cx class guys have a few choices.

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FS&Product_Code=3013122&Category_Code=
http://www.waterthunder.com/parts.aspx?p=ignition

I am still not sure if anyone has dynoed any of them to see if the MSD?GM one has the issues that have been talked about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: