OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New name?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: New name? Reply with quote

Gentlemen,
I have recently become the new owner of Fxsb boat #67, "Nervous Wreck", and have a few questions for yea all. Since the boat has a history befitting it's present name, should I keep the name or re-christen it? Looking forward to next season and plan to have a christening party at the G.P. race! I'm not sure of the naming traditions in the marine world, but I once heard from an old salty dog that it involved rum in respectable quantities! What do you guys think?

WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly!!!

Rum, Beer, Whisky or any other spirit will bring the best out of everyone's wit and wisdom to provide a new name.

Make sure you or someone else writes down the great idea, as it might otherwise fade away in the shadows of soberness.

MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official maritime tradition says it's bad luck to change the name of a boat. However, people do it all the time, including myself with my current tunnel.

I think the official christening alcohol is "Old Navy Rum", but I'm sure anything will work as long as you perform the ceremony with your fellow "Salty's" and then tell each other the best tall tales you can think of until all the official rum is gone, ALL OF IT! (one bottle per sailor).

Good luck and may the wind always be at your back.
G-force

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe if you keep the number you can change name without any bad luck being imparted on your hull.
padgett114

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear you bought a boat and welcome to racing. If your talking about running the Grants Pass race, you might want to look at Roseburg or Hoopa because at this time GP is not looking real good.
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padgett114,
Thanks for the kind words and advice. I was referring to the proposed Grande Prairie, Alberta race on this one, but would like to make a US trip in the future. From the pics of your races, it looks like a great time! Different waters than here, we have lots of washed gravel bottom, not as much jagged white water.
Be prepared for some newbie questions!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: