OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott trim nozzle trim gauge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizzslayer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Scott trim nozzle trim gauge Reply with quote

Anyone install a trim gauge and sending unit on a SJ with a scott trim nozzle? I am getting pissed off at pounding into docks and up on logs. It is only a matter of time before I really screw up.
JET1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv been hoping to see a reply to this just bumping it to the top are there even guages for that ? i know they make a guage for a powerhead but is there one for a jet if so how does it mount ? post a link please
rlnah2285

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a little hard to do a trim gauge on a scott nozzle. Place diverter was making a kit that mounts remote to their nozzles, it might be able to work with this setup with a little creative work and light fab. Check out the place diverter website for cost and what not.

Hope this gets you in the right direction!
On-Track

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save yourself alot of headaches and just install a manual trim controler system. A very simple system no hydraulics at least you will know where your nozzle will be trimmed at.
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself one of those big mirrors like on the ski boats Laughing I doubt you will find a guage that will be accurate/reliable for a jet boat, but you never know. Not that i haven't had a couple close calls, but you have to pay attention to where the nozzle is, especially when you are in a situation where you may need reverse, trim up to where it works good and leave it there. And you would still have to pay attention to the guage anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: