OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexico 06 The inside scoop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxPower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Loopholes and technicalities are different. It read like insults to me though, but hey freedom of speech right? If anyone can be bothered, why not tell exactly what happened or leave a link to the one I read before somewhere, if it's accurate.
2jokejet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

i am not commenting further as its just not worth it, I'd rather save it for something a little more serious, hell no one died, just pump some water its more fun than this.
NZboater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone would argue that the decisions made were good ones, but thats life, I belive it was done in good faith. As for your Kiwi bashing comments Rob I may take taken your comments on board if you were involved with the race.........You may find less friendly blokes here that have met and boated with you next time you are over!!
Dano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. This might be a dumb question or comment, but with the relative ease of communication and low or no cost to anyone regarding this forum. Why doesn't everyone, I mean everyone in the world of Jet Boat Marathon racing start a thread and discuss the rules. Get the grey areas out of the way and make them black and white. Once agreed upon by everyone in the world, write it in stone. This forum would give everyone a say. Might take some time to hash it out but might be worth it in the end.

Regards,
Dano

Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment, everyone thinking of it and no one talking about it is correct and if nothing is said, nothing will be addressed in the future to avoid issues such as what happened in NZ.

SO....... From the Drivers Seat

As I said at the award ceremony, NZ has incredible rivers to run and we cannot forget the commitment from all the officials and volunteers who schedule this event providing all of us an opportuinity to race on them.

At the start of the last day, the first leg, at the drivers meeting we were all told that we had until noon that day to issue a formal protest, at the drivers meeting there was a petition going around regarding the event of the previous day, it was said to me, it would be better if only one protestwas submitted (with all signatures from the petition supporting the protest) rather than a whole bunch of them submitted, also lowering the cost, each protest I think was $200.00. Now saying that... I was concentrated soley on trying to catch James Murdoch, unfortunatly for him he broke his flex plate a couple of minutes into that leg, we passed him with the assumption something was going to happen rearding Andrew's sinking, and thought we had first place tied up, so I backed out of it, saving the motor, WELL I F****D UP doing that in 2 ways, assuming something such as a penalty was in the works and the worst reason was, racing is racing, it's about holding your foot into it, not taking it easy. SO I lost the overall on my own accord,.

I know, if a leg had to be cancelled, by my mistake or misfortune, I would expect to be penalized.

When we plugged and cooked the motor on the Dart, limped in and changed the motor before the next leg, we had to prove to the officials that the motor was toast, there was an unofficial protest by someone saying we just wanted a fresh motor to finish with, we had to PROVE it was not repairable. Fine and dandy, it was in the rules, no problem. BUT I find it extrodinary the officials did not make the top 3 places prove their motors, either take off a head or pump them, I have been to the worlds in Mexico, USA and in Canada, we were required to prove our motor size in all three. In NZ nothing was even said regarding this, Classes are determined on this and one would think it should be rather important. Yes I know a protest could be submitted, but one should not have to be. I do not suspect or suggest anything by this comment, but merely pointing out something that I feel should have been done as not cause hard feelings by someone lodging a protest.

Lastly, racing is racing, sh*t happens, life will go on, no one was hurt,and will see everyone in MEXICO

Karey Crawford
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dano,

While you can't make rules to cover every possible situation, you can have a strong impartial race captain and back him/her up with the authority to maintain a fair and level playing field.
There has also been alot of effort over the years to bring the rules of the 4 countrys together, and as anyone who has been to one of theese meetings will attest the NZ deligates are always the hardest to get agreement out of....don't take my word for it, ask some of the other individuals involved in the process.
Perhaps it is unfortunate it took such drastic comments to get this issue into the forefront, but I think it would be worse to let it get swept under the carpet...and allow it to happen again.

Rob
old racer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: new zealand, canada, mexico, usa all should be the same Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Hi All, it's time someone tries to sort this crap out. Rob's comments are in the main just as to event but a little harsh on nzer's. We would all have to agree that nz is hardest to get to change their rules, just look at roll cages. this years event had many mistakes and the majority had to fall clearly with the organisers, no engine capacity testing, new zealand went to bat at uim to make a test metter exceptable after rob's case in mexico and then didn't even use the one they had. the leg cancelled side of the arguement from what i have asked of people involved this was done for all the right reasons. the next step gets hard and no one has stood up and made positive or accurate comment on to date that i have heard. easy the race controller should have imposed a dnf penalty on AS, instead chose to say he couldn't, now this is a bloddy joke and a shame as he did'nt think twice about making up new rules and changing them all week. as for the you must have a protest in by lucnh time it's not his job or even alowable for him to make those calls, again his rule if i get two complaints about the passing rule i will penalise you automatically, a joke but was enforced.
protests this is like getting blood out of a stone to find out what happened, i understand their were at least four official protests some up held and some not, from what i have seen the results of the protests as protested were correct, then their was the appeal again the appeal if the rumurs are right was correct as well.
we do not need more bloody rules just commensense and application of the existing rules consistently.
I under stand NZ has formed a rules committee i hope they include the likes of rob, paddy jose etc, like i understand use to happen after each world event.
I like many will still travel around the wrold following jet boating not only racing and yes their will be problems with results but lets get the time , place and person right who should impose the penalties.
Rob bring on mexico its the second best alround place to race, Canada takes first, probaly the language helps.
If all the rules/comminsense were applied in the NZ you would see some major changes to the results, in a,b, u and overall.
did anybody ask AS if he would give up his title, my understanding is he, would have back then.
keep you units wet
Dano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Rob why some or most rules can't be black or white. For instance: If a boat sinks or causes a red flag and the leg is stopped then bla bla penalty is issued to said boat. Or: The top 3 finishing boats engines WILL BE inspected following the race.
Why not take all the interpretation and guess work out of the equation. Make the rules good for what ever country is hosting the Worlds Race. This would take all the pressure and heat off the race officals and would be fair for everyone.

GB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met and jet boated with Rob, Fritz and Moods three really good guys they are so passionate about jet boating.

Rob I have incredible respect for you as a person and past winner of many titles, sorta start breathing through my snout when you speak, as a New Zealander I can say we are a proud nation and try to do the best for everyone, our natural reaction to criticism is questionable at times however our racing committee need to take on board what you are saying for the better of all.

Finally sport is about people not a rule book “PEOPLE LIKE PARTICIPATING IN SPORT WITH PEOPLE THEY LIKE” and on that note, Rob and Mel you are most welcome in New Zealand at any time regardless of your view on life.

See you down under, have a great Christmas all.

Gavin
coyotitta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin,

Say Hi to Leva for us, looking forward to Pleasure boating in your beautiful country again someday with you....I hope your getting out on the rivers lot's.

Wishing you all Health and Happiness this holiday season

Melanie
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz is waiting to see if I can get my boat up and running and plan on using some of the mexicans who live next door as my wrenching team Laughing Laughing
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an inside opinion on the Mexican race, and I can tell it is a great race. Please come!!!!

Here are some pictures (most of MY boat, he he he):

Arrancando 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.57 KB
 Viewed:  19535 Time(s)

Arrancando 1.jpg

Llegando a San Jeronimo 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  386.12 KB

Llegando a San Jeronimo 1.jpg

La Villita desde el aire 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  334.51 KB

La Villita desde el aire 1.jpg

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wilson,

I see you are running an Eagle tunnel in the fx class. What kind of speeds can you obtain with it? Are you running a zz4? I think I seen some previous discussions on this but I can't remember. Are there a lot of boats in the fx class down there?

To race in Mexico what does one have to do? Join UIM? Entry fees? What about lodging and pre-running? I live in Northern Cal so it would only be about 15 hours to the border. How far south are you from Tiajuana? Thanks....

WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far of participating: You donīt have to be a UIM member (UIM members are national authorities, such as the APBA)

You DO have to have a racing license, issued by a national authority. The APBA license will work fine and is recognized for the UIM world events. If you donīt have, or donīt want to get an APBA license, you can get a license from the Mexican Powerboat Federation when you arrive here at the race.

Entry fees for the race are usually around $500 U.S.

Lodging: Hotels in Altamirano are usually quite full, reservations are recommended. There is no hotel problem in Ixtapa on the typical race dates.

About this year worlds, there is no definitive date out yet. Most likely it will be in November as usual. (BUT there are talks of doing it in September) As soon as I have a date, I will post it.

Driving conditions in Mexico are BAD. The best way to get to the balsas river is not crossing the border at Tijuana, but drive on the U.S. side of the border all the way to Laredo, Texas.

Drive from Laredo Texas to Mexico City is around 12-14 hours, all of it 4 lane higways. From Mexico City to the Balsas river it's about 6-7 hours.

It will take you three days of terrible roads to get to the Balsas river if you drive down the pacific coast from Tijuana. The map says there is a toll highway, but it does not exist, yet.

I will be happy to provide assistance to anybody interested in participating.

On the other question:

I am using a ZZ4 engine right out of the box. I have not made any adjustment to it, not even removed valve covers.

The boat is giving me an HONEST 72 MPH. (These are REAL miles, not jet boat racer's miles, which are shorter)

WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to mention that pre-runs in Mexico are not mandatory, as they are in the U.S. events.

Also a teaser: When you go river racing, you must mind the local wildlife!!!

a-comer1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.14 KB
 Viewed:  19412 Time(s)

a-comer1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: