OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDR vs HTR II reverse bucket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Turbine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: SDR vs HTR II reverse bucket Reply with quote

I want to upgrade my reverse bucket on my SD 309; SDR or HTR II. Wich one is better and easiest to install? I heard they are both good (compared to stock). My impression from the AT website was that they were both around 500$ each. Do they bolt right up? or is there more hardware needed? Thanks and Happy New Year!
Boomhower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sdr reverse kit is easier to install. It utilises the stock shift cable. It is a little heavy to lift so you need a good control with good mechanical advantage. Make sure you have enough space between your swim platform uprights. It has good back up thrust and good reverse steering.

The HTR II is a totally different system. It uses an inboard mounted cable with a tiller rod running through the transom to the bucket for the shift operation. It is easy to shift it up and down but is a pain to set up on a boat if you already have the conventional reverse bucket. The steering has to be in the right place too. If your steering tube is over to the port a bit too far you may have to weld up the hole in the transom. The HTR steers poorly in reverse and the steering effort is greater because of the short tiller mt on the nozzle.

For a quick effective upgrade I would use the sdr kit.
medhatken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old post but I waas wondering how much room you need with the sdr between the uprights and would I be able to use it on a place divertor?
Thank you!
j-roc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exact welding has a trim nozzle/ reverse kit that is absolutely unreal. I can do figure 8s up river till I throw up. Backs off banks like nothing. 18" ish requirement between pump guards. Best mod I've done. And I've done lots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: