OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying something new
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok eddie, finally got a little video, sorry the quality is not better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKTGWZGUhUM

greg b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way that rooster tail is wasted energy/thrust, had better runs but didn't get on video. have tried a couple loader grates now, brought the intake /suction pressure up to 50 on the top of the impeller, 38 bottom. Will try to test 2 or 3 more versions before we leave for lewiston on Tuesday night. I believe I'm still dragging my nozzle and hope to try others there.
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW pretty much sums it up!
DOC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey greg what happens when you put a fat guy in the front seat. Will it still lift ?
CENTERLINE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, looking forward to seeing it run in Lewiston!
greg b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know yet Doc, haven't found anyone, fat or otherwise who would get in there!
greg b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left Roseburg Tuesday evening for Lewiston, 9hr. drive. Started testing Wednesday morning on the Snake River. Before we left home had built a couple loader grates that showed some improvement, best speed 90mph, but had made changes to both before we left thinking they would be better yet so first thing we ran those in Lewiston, both were much worse, lost a ton of speed and pump was loading very bad! Tried a bunch of stuff, nozzles, wedges, shoes etc. etc. First time we had water big enough to really test higher speed turning and handling, was really pleased with this. Turns like a jet ski! At times had a pretty good chop on the water which I had not been able to run in before, learned that the boat reacted fairly violently with a extremely fast roll oscillation, side to side about 10 degrees each way, at first thoughts were going through my head like, is this thing going to hook while doing this but after several runs I got comfortable that wasn't going to happen but still made it impossible to read the gauges and damn hard on the neck! Knew it was something that had to be fixed. Did some rework and put our loader grates basically back the way they were in Roseburg, saw some improvement but not as good as they once were, Density altitude was like 4,000 ft.-5,000 ft. during most of our testing so that was a factor also. Thursday morning more of the same in testing with pretty much the same disappointing results most runs boat was wet, bow not lifting enough pump not loading and speeds sucked! Ryan Rodgers has a couple business's there, one being HCM (Hells Canyon Marine) and he fully offered up this entire facility and his great crew for any of our needs, also its right on the river with a good boat ramp, this is where we did all our testing. Around one o'clock Ryan had Gary who is local and has navigated for Ryan several times in the past give a us all boat tour of the race course, Gary is a great boatman and the boat was a big beautiful twin engine HCM snake river boat, there were 18 of us on-board everyone had lots of room and was very comfortable, great trip!!! When we returned worked on testing more with little progress. Friday morning I decided we need to stop taking baby steps and make something happen good or bad, we had to try something big! We are not loading the pump, we are not getting the bow to lift and we are not getting speed and we had a roll oscillation problem, we went to HCM early and started cutting metal! We added 4 inches to the depth of the chines which brought them down to a height were they just barely touched the water, maybe 1/4 inch off, running on smooth water, we needed more lift and was thinking we could trap more air this way and maybe get they bow up and therefore maybe load the pump more, if nothing else it should certainly cure our roll oscillation problem! Finished around 2 o'clock back on the water and ran, the roll problem was fixed, now loved the handling and feel of the boat, was so happy on this one ran by the crew one time wide open took my hands of the stick and waved at them both hands going by, absolutely stable! Did some high speed turns and was very impressed, Bow was lifting nicely, way better than any run in Lewiston, speed was allot better but still only 88.6. Pump was still not loading, gets on plane instantly and accelerates to about 40 very fast then cavitates until you hit 70- 75 mph, through this range you have to be very careful with the pedal otherwise the tach needle disappears to the right! After you hit 70- 75mph the pump is hooked and you can maneuver easily without blowing out.
By this time it's Friday night and no time or mostly ideas to cure this, very afraid if I raced the boat this way I would almost surely blow up my engine over reeving! Decided to come back another day when I get IT RIGHT!
Really want to thank Andy who did all the welding on the boat at HCM and can't say enough nice things about Ryan Rogers hospitality, Thank You!

eddie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that's great news!

You are really developing things fast, seems like you are heading in the right direction, just need too keep up the good work.

I was wondering how well it would turn, sounds like it is going pretty well, great stuff.

Project of the year!
greg b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran again here in Roseburg after modifying my chine line, dropped it full length of the boat 4 inches to trap more air which really helped the boat to lift, my pump is still not loading and plan to build a new intake which I feel will help considerably. Also thinking I will build a new suction piece after trying the intake. Major goal is to keep working on this thing in preparation for the Worlds in Idaho 2012.
link for u-tube video, last run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6brsbKsSu0

Hines

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg just noticed no navigator up front,iam sure you have weight of some sort up their to compensate,big task keep at er, you'll get er.Later.
greg b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best speed to date 95mph and want to get much more, have the lift and handling where it needs to be but pump is still not loading! Committed to making this thing really perform and feel I need to make a new intake and suction piece. Have decided the best place for me to do this is Lewiston Idaho so we left Roseburg, here in Lewiston now looking for a place to live and shop resources CNC machine, forming, etc. etc.
Ramius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there anymore updates on this boat?
greg b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been fairly cold here in Lewiston and haven't got in the mood to go out on the Snake, but do have a modified intake, 3 new grates and loaders to try which I hope will make a big difference. Have never come close to loading the pump the way it needs to be and hopefully this will do it. In the meantime last couple months been working on what I think will be a pretty trick new nozzle.
Unlike the the nozzles we use now it does not deflect water for steering which restricts and slows velocity. The water is released fully without restriction or deflection for both 40 degrees of trim and 40 degrees of steering. At the back end of all this I have a compression collar that will change the outlet orifice diameter from 2.75" to 3.375" or anywhere in between in the blink of an eye. This should go along way to help optimize various boat speeds and intake pressure changes. Both the trim and the nozzle diameter control turn out faster than the steering.

TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some pictures of this nozzle, sounds amazing

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
greg b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: nozzle Reply with quote

Thanks Felix! I plan to apply for a patent on a few features off this nozzle so it's a little early to send pics out, sorry! However I would certainly consider having someone else involved, pretty much running on a shoe string around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: