OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual tanks on sportjet question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BULLDOG17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Dual tanks on sportjet question Reply with quote

I currently have one 50gal tank in the back of my boat, my question is can you run two tanks on a 200 sportjet at the same time. I would like to install one 24gal tank on on each side of my boat to get rid of all the weight in the back. Will i have issues with fuel flow off of two tanks? any help appreciated thanks.
2009 bulldog 17'
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed a second tank on my 175 SJ and I can't draw from both tanks at the same time, I installed a 3 way valve/ fuel switch and a primer bulb. I have to use the valve and use one tank at a time.
jethead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you connect both tanks with a separate "equalizing" line with valve at each tank (in case you want to burn only one tank or the other). Then both tanks will always be equal. One other point to consider is to ensure your fuel vents are always above the highest fuel level you expect to carry.

I would like to also explore adding extra fuel capacity. Beats having to deal with fuel barrels or jerry cans. Where did you get your tanks from?
BULLDOG17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jethead"]Can you connect both tanks with a separate "equalizing" line with valve at each tank (in case you want to burn only one tank or the other). Then both tanks will always be equal. One other point to consider is to ensure your fuel vents are always above the highest fuel level you expect to carry.

I would like to also explore adding extra fuel capacity. Beats having to deal with fuel barrels or jerry cans. Where did you get your tanks from?[/quote]
So far bass pro and a few places in the states that carry moeller tanks. I am really hoping i can connect them together like you said with an equalizing line should work cant see why not. gonna cost about $800 bucks to do this. Ya barrels are a pain in the ass. I dont know why they put one huge tank in the back of the boat. Moeller seems to sell good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: