OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Official" roll cage thread...racers input wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xerophobic wrote:

You seem to have gone the "inside hull" mount vs the sandwich plate method. Any issues or regrets there? I do like the idea of less holes through the hull but as you said this is no place to skimp just for looks or the possibility of a small leak.

No issues with inside plate concept. Of course we have not yet rolled the boat either Very Happy Shocked Wink to give them the ultimate acid test. Holes through the hull with bolts in them are easy enough to fix with Right Stuff with the sandwich plate concept.

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"

Last edited by SouthIdahoGary on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidwetJetSprint wrote:
in Marsing my buddy has a shop and lives right on the Snake river just south of town.

Whom is your buddy? We know some of the sprint boat guys. Know Bob Aldrich in Marsing the best. He lives right on the river, south bank east of Marsing. He has helped us with several projects. He harkens back to the halcyon days of Whitewater racing.

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I will put a an additional steel or chromemoly hoop just in front of the original Aluminum Roll Bar, just for legal purposes.

I donīt recommend building a hoop too high. It should be better and easier to mount the seats lower.

I'll post the pics as soon as we start to work on this.

MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its Bob Aldrich great guy with tons insight into racing he has been very helpful in helping me getting Jet Sprint racing started up here.The last big race in Marsing I was going to ask if I paid for some fuel would you give me a blast on the Snake river with your boat.
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the last race for you? Should be able to accommodate that request. Providing we still have a motor and the boat is intact Shocked We are kind of hard on stuff Rolling Eyes
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask this past Labor Day weekend when I was in town but figured I would have been rude asking on such short notice.I will be getting El Didymo in the water this spring so I Will have my hands full with a 410 small block its half Eagle half Kwick Kraft a Boice project gone bad.
Alumaman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the sandwich plate design is there just a piece of rubber between the outer plate and the hull or is there also another on the inside?

Is more sealing material or a more rigid connection preferred?

Question

Thanks for any suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: