OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US schedule for '06....?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aluminum Squirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: US schedule for '06....? Reply with quote

Anybody have any clue on the '06 schedule for the US races? Specifically the Yuba and Trinity? I'm still diligently saving my pennies for a new ZZ4. At the very least I would like to hope for some close races at least to go watch-Aluminum Squirt
Salmon River Jetboat Race

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWJA meeting is on the 21st. All race dates will be verified then. Salmon Races are April 15th & 16th. Great river!! Great town!! Great people!! Hope to see you there!!
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firm Dates
Roseburg/Umpqua=April 1-2
Riggins/Salmon=April 15-16
Hoopa/Trinity=June 10-11
Albany/Williamette=August 19-20

Still up in the air

Grants Pass/Upper Rogue-
Marysville/Yuba-Feather-
Lewiston/Clearwater-not likely this year
Gold Beach/Lower Rogue-

Should know more after 01/21/06

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibles-folks still working on

Grants Pass/Upper Rogue-May 27-28The Active Club has pulled their support (read that money) for the Jetboats for Boatnik. This race to go forward will have to rely on the folks in GP beating the brush for sponsors to come up with the $$$ to provide for a purse.

Gold Beach/Lower Rogue-July 1-2: This race will only hapopen if Environmental impact and permits are obtainable to run the long course. The Gold Beach folks are hopeful and moving forward. They will know more about their chances with the gov't regulations this week.

Almost NO chance-
No contact or word from Marysville. Can't get anyone to return a phone call, so NOT likely.

Clearwater is out for this year.

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibles-folks still working on

Grants Pass/Upper Rogue-May 27-28The Active Club has pulled their support (read that money) for the Jetboats for Boatnik. This race to go forward will have to rely on the folks in GP beating the brush for sponsors to come up with the $$$ to provide for a purse.

Gold Beach/Lower Rogue-July 1-2: This race will only hapopen if Environmental impact and permits are obtainable to run the long course. The Gold Beach folks are hopeful and moving forward. They will know more about their chances with the gov't regulations this week.

Almost NO chance-
No contact or word from Marysville. Can't get anyone to return a phone call, so NOT likely.

Clearwater is out for this year.

Aluminum Squirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I'm going to make any races this year but I'm less than an hour from Marysville. Anybody I can contact for you? Whether I race or not, I would like to see this race go. I could definitely help out whoever is the regular head honcho. I certainly don't know enough people or what I'm doing to take the lead but would gladly lend a hand-Aluminum Squirt
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aluminum Squirt-

All the regular "head Honchos" have seemingly gone to ground and that is our problem at this point. No one in the local area is even returning our inquiries. Hence we don't think they have any interest in putting on a show Sad . I do not know who the previous contacts were for sure. Vantress the rice farmer and Mike Messick are the names I have heard bandied about. There was another guy, but he was some kind of Military (Air Force, I think) and got transferred elsewhere......

Aluminum Squirt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard those names too but I don't know them. I wish I knew more, I'd give it a go, obviously its a little late for this year. There's no way I'm not racing by next year (hopefully this year), and a little FX boat keeps my hands very full. I personally think we should have a Sacramento race. It wouldn't be much of a drivers race, its all flat unless we race all the way up the feather to Shanghai Bend and then into the Yuba (I know, I know....still not REAL whitewater). The exposure to the public would be huge, especially if we started right here in Old Town Sacramento. There would be thousands of people lined up to watch that. We may even get a special permit to run the American River from Old Sac to Folsom Lake. There's an annual bridge to bridge race here in the summer, mostly offshore boats, but hooking up with them would be an event to see, watch us start in the AM, spectators can hang out for their time trials and a couple of hours later, we could come roaring through downtown and finish by spraying down the bridges. A little far fetched, but worth some thought-Aluminum Squirt
21 FOOT SPORT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plumbers union sponsored the Marrysville race in 2004. They may be able to give you some input. I would love to see another race down here. I sold the big boat to buy a FX boat and start racing, now that there are no raced down here... I'll have to wait
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoopa on the Trinity is only a few hours from Sacramento. It's a great race and a lot of challenging fun-anything less than 6 hours drive is a cakewalk to get to.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: