OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

edmonton news ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: edmonton news ??? Reply with quote

expected to see something in regards to what happened on the weekend at the raft races... jet boat hits raft , 3 injured ," trying to roost the raft "? fuel to the fire on why the cops need boats, and why we will have to live with more police presence, same old story, a few ruin it for the rest, was this a kid or why won't they release the guy's name ? any info ?
Will R

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a fkin idiot. just an idea...i think which ever shop he goes to to get this repaired i think he should be DENIED! http://cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/07/18/edmonton-sourdough-raft-jet-boat.html

si-raft-jetboat-damage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.83 KB
 Viewed:  20686 Time(s)

si-raft-jetboat-damage.jpg

li-raft-jetboat-crash.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.58 KB
 Viewed:  20686 Time(s)

li-raft-jetboat-crash.jpg

JR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And only got fined 150 bucks ...Should have got the boat taken off him for good...Cheers JR
mountainman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR wrote:
And only got fined 150 bucks ...Should have got the boat taken off him for good...Cheers JR

Says $750 in fines and charged with hit and run. The moron should have his license pulled (not that it means much) and his boat impounded at the salvage yard for scrap!
WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's who I would call a certified @$$ hole.

Since I'm not familiar with the particulars of this event, I looked it up. These are vessels decorated as cars at the rose bowl parade.

Who in the world would like to direct their jetboat rooster tail to these guys???

A CERTIFIED @$$ hole. That's who.

5116557.bin.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.59 KB
 Viewed:  20354 Time(s)

5116557.bin.jpeg

Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm,
While I think the bottom line is the moron driving that jet boat is completely at fault, a little more research is needed because I'm sure there was more than one idiot involved including some on the raft.

NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out on the river that day and it was a ZOO! boat launches were put on lockdown while they found that idiot. I Personally was hosed down by some idiots on a floating sausage fest with a firehose! Retaliation was probably to blame. Not to say they deserved to be hit with a boat, but to agree with the fact that he wasn't the only assclown on the water. Its just going to be another reason they'll have to deny us a race in the capital region. I hope the poker rally has better ambassadors! but bad news travels way further than good.
mudslinger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! went out on the river during the raft race a few years back .Never f#@!%^ing again!!! ass glowns everywhere!dont condone jet boaters actions but before anyone jumps to conclusions anyone who has been on the water during that event would have a little better understanding on what actally goes on.Idiots for some reason like that event. mostly the booze and we all know how alcohol reacts on certain individuals! so I say this is a fore warning to jet boaters for next year, stay away or I told you so.sorry but my own opinion from expierence.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replies here dont surprise me a bit. I dont think I know a single jet boater who would condone ever doing that to another party on the water but like the Kananskis incident I was involved with last year there are most certainly two sides to every story. Its about time the powers that be stop treating us like we are some huge threat on the water when in fact the exact opposite is often true.
Will R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true enough and agreed! so i withdraw my earlier comment as you are right there is allways 2 sides to the story.which would have been nice if the news would've given a little more info in the article as to why it happened. That and after thinking about what Aaron said chances are if some one in a raft had've hosed my boat being idiots and all I'd have a hard time not giving some return fire! Twisted Evil
mountainman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree, there are 2 sides to the story. Maybe he needs lessons on how to hose people down with the jet Shocked
So I wonder if the entire story will ever get published. Probably not as he is in the wrong as he was the powered unit and the raft has the right of way Rolling Eyes Dam floaters!!
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong it was a moronic thing to do period and I think we all know that. It wouldnt surprise me if there is more to the story tho. Ill be posting more about my incident and the aftwermath shortly but it exposed a ton of issues we face as boaters. Some of those issues will require a serious coordinated effort to overcome and solve, sadly at the moment we as boaters are wildly illprepared to do that and when incidents like this arise we need a far more vocal and unified voice.
Hines

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sourdough raft race been going on for years,,very big event iam sure they have lots of fun.iam not into rafting, on this topic i believe some common sense may have come in handy.Its one day a year.at this event you know your going to get wet and iam sure they love hoseing down boaters,its a raft race,i just dont understand why youd have to be that close to get hosed considering hes got a powerplant and pump in that thing, comon sense its one day a year give it to them or at least keep a safe distance.Later.
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the number of options you guys have on bodies of water where you can boat anytime, I still find it absurd to be on the same place with a jetboat where and when this kind of event takes place.

And retaliation??? you get sprayed with a hand water gun and answer with a 400HP water pump??? That's lack of common sense....

HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant on

As for the retaliation comments, I dont see anything wrong with giving someone a shot of roost in fun..but.. common sense needs to kick in as to how close you get and whats going on around you. Theres been a few lake lice that have gottem the full force when they persist on hammering my wake and down right annoying me, but, this guy didnt know how to run his boat ..plain and simple and was lucky he didnt kill someone. Bad judgement on his part.

This also shows my lack of respect for the licensing laws, its a friken joke to say the least. Quick internet test and your "legal" to operate a boat. If they were testing in order to prove competency ..wheres the water test? I would wager that 80% of the people that have passed the online test were to be put through the same steps as required for a drivers license ..the waters would be alot less crowded and a hell of a lot safer.

Rant off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: