OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boat for South Sask River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccg818

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Boat for South Sask River Reply with quote

Guys,

I am thinking about getting a jetboat this coming winter for the summer of 2013. I have never owned one before and looking for some advice. I live in Medicine Hat and 90% of its use would be on the SSR sturgeon fishing and the odd camping trip. Would like to beable to haul 2 or 3 passengers and gear. Any advice on what size and style, engine and pumps etc. Thanks
coho dr.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for a 20', 6.5ft bottom,12 or 14 degree hull ,Kodiak 350 with a 212 or 203 or wait for the 231 which should be available soon. This setup will do you for almost every application of jet boating , except bashing your teeth
out on skinny rock chutes.

good luck
Coho

Dano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would would go for a 19' Muskwa with a Scott, Hamilton or Kodiak pump. That boat will haul a big load and it will go skinny too Smile
WOJO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much you willing to spend?? I've been running the South Sask for a few years and have seen many boats take a real beating. One of them was my first boat, dam near sunk it. Sold the Custom Weld and bought a Outlaw. When the water is low theres alot of big ass sharp rocks and gravel bars. It weeds out alot of guys. Get a boat that can take a pounding. A Tuchodi bottom with QT and UHMW. The rest of the boat you have to decide on how much room you want and protection from the elements. The size of the boat will determine motor and pump. Lots of choices Lots of money but its worth it.

Just wanna have fun
ccg818

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, after talking to a few people will probably look for a 19ft Lynx with a V8 and a hamilton.
BeerSalad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a 19' CW ViperII on the South Sask. 11 deg hull and SD309 pump with 4.3 kodiak. UHMW will be the next addition to the boat for the extra bottom protection as well as aiding in pushing off the odd gravel bar.

I have ran the river in very low conditions and in my opinion it doesnt matter what boat....you will hit bottom and rocks! Just hope that it isn't a nasty sharp one as there many in the south sask.

oh-yaa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UHMW and a stomp grate are a must if your on the S.S.R. Oldman or the Bow.I have a 16' lynx tochodi special, the best shallow water boat on the market.IMO I've hammered some big rocks, went over grvel bars and had a couple of unplaned shore landings with it. Only got one dent in the port side quarter panel. One tough boat.
ccg818

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 16ft lynx with a 200 sportjet that I decided to go with for my 1st river boat. I took it for a test drive last week and have been smiling ever since. I go back to pick it up on Wednesday and then will be hitting the South Saskatchewan in Medicine Hat. If anybody wants to go out and show me around the river that would be great!!
madtacc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccg818 wrote:
I found a 16ft lynx with a 200 sportjet that I decided to go with for my 1st river boat. I took it for a test drive last week and have been smiling ever since. I go back to pick it up on Wednesday and then will be hitting the South Saskatchewan in Medicine Hat. If anybody wants to go out and show me around the river that would be great!!

I have been out a couple times already , the SSK can be fun in the spring and late fall. I have a blue harbourcraft extreme 1775 , flag me down any time and we will go for a rip. i will pm you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: