OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I put the kicker motor on the right side or center?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneddonrider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Should I put the kicker motor on the right side or center? Reply with quote

I just bought a 6 hp kicker for my 18' Bobcat with a 240 sj. I also bought a kicker motor bracket from Outlaw and am not sure where to mount it. The boat is left hand drive so it would go either on the right side or in the center. The motor has a long control handle and I might put a remote steer kit on it in the future.

Wich side should I put it on? I'm leaning toward the center because it would be easier to control in a light wind. I could always drill two sets of holes in my swim grid and try it in both spots but I was hoping someone on here could send me in the right direction. Thanks
Boomhower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We mostly mount the kicker on the opposite side of the driver, so in your case we would mount it on the Starboard side. A kicker does not weigh much so it shouldnt throw the handling of your boat off. I personally do not like a kicker on the Center, because it gets in the wac of your EZ clean push bar and if the leg is not very long it will not hang down in the water far enough past the keel to perform properly
sneddonrider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean 1/2 of the propeller sticks below the bottom of the boat in the center and on the side the whole prop is below the boat. And I also see how it would make it hard to use the stomp grate in a hurry.

Now another question how close to the outside edge should I mount it? All the way starboard?
Should I trim the mounting bracket so the kicker mounting surface is flush with the back of the swim grid? cause it hangs over the back 4" right now.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: