OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAT 200 RESULTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: laps racing Reply with quote

shallowman wrote:
Hi i was the flag boat at the bottom and when u looked at me after the fourth lap i put up my hand to show u that u had one more lap to go , we knew on the radio that the 2 boats were done as they turned to early ,
must not have seen me as i counted all the laps

to bad

Rookie mistake shallow....we were waving to everyone and there was just too much confusion to continue on and run 2 more complete laps by myself....felt I did everything right at the time and ended up getting my first DNF. Also got my close call/incident out of the way, now just need to get a penalty and spin out and I should be good..... Cool
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50/50 wrote:
There were boats praticing the circuit the night before and some were turning at that island and some were going further. I figured there was going to be some confusion.

I stood on that log jam, watched the race unfold ...You must have been the boat I gave the confusion/ touchdown signal to.. but I thought you had done the five laps and it was over...

You were in the bulldog right? We saw you sat evening when we pre ran with the white and blue OE Clearwater.....we did the org course, then the right one to make sure....Brian returned my call half way back to Magoos and cleared up any confusion. I guess in hindsight the updated course should have been brought up at the drivers meeting as a reminder, the fxv 03 driver said he's done that circuit for 5 yrs and that's always how it's been. I still had a blast and will take all my new knowledge to peace and improve!
50/50

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we were camp there that night...

I guess there is only one way to gain experience .

See you guys in PR somewhere.
FiredUp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Fellow Racers, Jay Grahn here from CX 118 boat. I felt I have the need to post a reply clarifying that at no point do I feel that another boat caused our spin out at the mouth of the wapiti and smokey, yes I was cutting the corner sharp and obviously to aggressive. I was riding the wake of the boat ahead of us and yes he did change his course slightly but, the 177 boat was at no fault of my screw up causing us to spin out at the mouth. Prior to my mistake at the mouth there were a couple other issues that took place in the course of that leg, and the crew of the 177 boat and us had further discussions at the finish of that leg and we both voiced our concerns and prepared for the next leg. Prior to the circuit race our crew and the 177 crew conversed and agreed on how we were gonna race, we then raced a very tight, hard circuit and at the end of it we shook hands at the boat launch. That’s racing boys! Moving on to Peace River for July
racingfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur wrote:
I know if I hadn't of screwed up my start it could have been a great three way race, it was just to dam confusing when we would see them in totally different spots every lap and couldn't figure out why. On our third lap they were heading to Magoos so I assumed I had one more then we were done(wanted to finish every leg) Nav had one piece of tape left to pull off, but I assumed he just missed one(they finished to early and I felt there was no way they worked us that bad) but now know why. Turns out I did 4 complete laps and they run 5 part laps....I was driving like I wanted to chase them down but every lap got more confusing. After I saw them leaving I thought i would do one more, so I hugged the shore to get the checkers, but saw nothing. I think a white flag for last lap should be the norm at all Circuts to avoid some confusion....I would have loved to do all five. I would have also liked to try and run them down to make up for my error. Lesson learned...RUN YOUR OWN RACE, ALWAYS TRUST YOUR NAV, and don't shut the motor off when the white start flag is up(I was creeping up go the start line in some pretty still water by the starting booth) still loved every minute of it!

Good lessons learned above all - RUN YOUR OWN RACE - IGNORE ALL OTHERS whether on shore or in other boats.

The start/finish line officials are all experienced & are aware of what is going on; if you don't see checkers keep your foot in it no matter what!! Talked to another crew that almost quit one lap early & peddled some cuz they forgot their tape!

Glad to see you out Arthur and that you enjoyed yourself these are things you will laugh about in years to come, after being involved myself for a few years - we have seen lots of things & I'm sure we'll see more to keep us grinning too.
sandman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tape, what a bunch of newbies!
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha,ha I always get pissed off when the tapewraps around my finger from the wind and I can't get it off Laughing

Thanks Jay for making that clear. Although it was not my intend to put blame anywhere I could see how it could be taken that way.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Hines

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Boost i guess theirs no reason to mess up on laps if its on your fing hey LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: