OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cx class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking back on this, I may have passed on to you a bit of a mixed up explanation on the oil cooler system that I operate.
The oil cooler water supply is from a tap off of the main water line, going from the pump to the block pressure control valve.
The outlet of the oil cooler has a control valve and an overboard line of its own. This is what allows the oil to be heated up quicker.
Some systems use an orificed line through the cooler overboard to eliminate the valve.
Often we find that the block pressure/temp controls will keep the oil reasonable around 220F, without any extra cooling water being sent through the cooler. On the longest runs, or runs with lots of right hand turns, the cooler will be opened up to help regulate the temp. as needed.
On certain rivers like the Athabasca, you may even see situations where the oil cooler overboard line needs to be pinched shut by the end of an upstream leg to keep the oil from getting too cool!

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit...I'm more confused now than ever Confused . I think I'll build a Turbine, sounds easier! Smile
sandman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is confusing is how the different water densities affect cooling, speed, temp etc.
When you leave Peace River, adjustments usually have to be made as soon as you go from the Peace River waters into the Smokey River waters.
Its not a huge change, but it has been noticed on many occaisions.
Athabasca river from Whitecourt up to the chevron bridge is the confusing one, water temps must cool off enough from start to finish to affect cooler temps!

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real neat you guys can control that....I just pray mine doesn't get in the red and go! Excited for this season to shake out with all new boats and a few old one's changing hands....plus the LSX and A+ adventure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: