OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 blade hi skew on sj 175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didehcho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: 4 blade hi skew on sj 175 Reply with quote

Has anyone ran a 4 blade hi skew on a sj175 or is the 3 blade hi skew the only one that can be used on this power plant
REPO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has the normal 4 blade hi-skew on his 175 and it works great.
sharky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four blade hi skew on 175 is the only way to go, great hole shot, lose 150 rpm at top end, but only couple mph. More forgiving as it wears wont spin out from wear like three blade stock. Gets my 2200 lb boat with 8 jugs of gas three people and camping stuff on step in four boat lengths.
Dicky12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: 4-Blade Hi skew SJ Impellers Reply with quote

I just replaced my stock 3-blade impellers with 4-blade Hi skew and new SS wear rings. I run a 22' marathon with twin 175 SJ's. My top end took a drastic hit from 90KPH down to about 75 at WOT. 5400 down to 5100 RPM.
The boat has always popped out of the hole regardless of the impellers (twin engines) so I didn't notice much change there. The most drastic change was in cruising range. 50KPH at 3700 rpm. Previous 4200 RPM. Its like a different boat!!!! Very little speed difference between 3700 and 4500 RPM. Day in and day out, the Hi Skew are far superior for chuggin down the river. Won't take long for the decreased fuel consumption to pay for the parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: