OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jet Boat Insurance
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pride N Joy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Jet Boat Insurance Reply with quote

Hey Fellow Boaters

Just thought I'd drop you all a note about Insurance for our Sleds...
If anyone is tired of getting the run around from their local company, you can try this one out. they are located in BC and I personally found them to be exellent to deal with.

I paid $1156.00 last year, and after doing a bit of homework, I was able to find a company with the same coverage and deductable for $780.00 a year based on a $70000.00 policy...

A bit more realistic, and it's free information....

Give Colita a call @
Johnston Meier Insurance Agencies Group
1-888-256-4564, or email at info@jmins.com

Cheers
cjorca

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys -

The # for Johnston Meier Marine Division is:
1-800-513-5533 or 604-944-9577
email: marine@jmins.com

Ask for Calista or Nancy,

thanks Very Happy

1-800-513-5533
604-944-9577
marine@jmins.com
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has read their policy but my Policy with Premier Marine for a $40,000 Policy is $588, but has some interesting clauses;
1) the boat must be in storage/laidup from Dec 1-March 31
2)Navigational limits - only insured with in 1000 km radius of home base, usuage to be restricted to "Navigable Inland Waters", which doesen't include the west coast and may not include all rivers as being "Navigable"
3) may not be covered if the operator doesen't have a valid Pleasure Craft Operators License.

Read the fine print of your policy to make sure you know what your covered and not covered for

jack

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

HI
I had tried to get insurance from my auto ins comp. and for some unknown reason they said no . I was told to use my home ins comp. All was fine untill I said jet and then things went funny , no ins from them available .
I then went on line and found ins providers for marine applications from B.C. The first place I called had no problem and could not understand why I could not get ins In AB. Everything is legal and upfront my boat builder is registered so what is their problem ? I know , They are all fucking assholes (AB ins comp's. ) who only want a sure thing in their favor to ensure there will be no cost to them which is why we all get insurance to begin with , what a bunch of hypocrites .
My coverage is for all perils even rescue and boat retrieval , 50,000 coverage for $535 / yr . Funny thing , they wont cover the trailer , what the hell ?!
jethead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Saved some money for sure!!
sirmike68

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any kind of issues if a guy has a claim being from Alberta and the insurance is in BC? How would a claims adjuster check out your boat if you had a claim on it?
Rock Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: to insure or not to insure Reply with quote

do I need insurance?
I just bought my first boat, a used Eagle for under 30 grand, and it's over 10 years old. Should I have it insured, if so, for what reasons would I want or need to insure it.

DOC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better have at least pl and pd if somebody claims they got hurt in your boat and you get sued youll pay dearly, trust me i know all about it.
shallow draft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: to insure or not to insure Reply with quote

What if you hurt someone or drive into another boat? Ask Marv Hamm what if a tree falls on your boat? Ask me Shit happens get insured!!!!

Stroken with One Hand wrote:
do I need insurance?
I just bought my first boat, a used Eagle for under 30 grand, and it's over 10 years old. Should I have it insured, if so, for what reasons would I want or need to insure it.

Hines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doc think i know the incedent your talking about that was bullshit.Later.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance cheques are the hardest cheques to write, but the easiest to cash
deaner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about insurance on race boats? My insurance company wont touch my boat because it has "race" somewhere on the bill of sale. Its a 19ft steptech set up to race fx class. They wont even let me put fire/theft on it, so the friggin thing is sitting there uninsured.
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deaner wrote:
How about insurance on race boats? My insurance company wont touch my boat because it has "race" somewhere on the bill of sale. Its a 19ft steptech set up to race fx class. They wont even let me put fire/theft on it, so the friggin thing is sitting there uninsured.

I've searched coast to coast and haven't been able to find anyone to insure a race boat. I did find a company in the USA that specializes in insuring race boats but they weren't sure if they could even insure a boat in Canada and they were very expensive, I think it was about $1000 for every $10,000 of boat value. I've heard of guys getting a "Personal Umbrella" insurance policy to at least protect them for liability, but I haven't had much luck getting information from my insurance agent about this.

ss rattler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an umbrella policy with State Farm Insurance. I went with them because they were so much cheaper with bike insurance. you could try them to see if it would cover your PL in your boats. My agent is Gary Henninger in Calgary but they have agents in most cities.
cjorca

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any kind of issues if a guy has a claim being from Alberta and the insurance is in BC? How would a claims adjuster check out your boat if you had a claim on it?

BC insurance companies hire independant adjusters in AB Wink

1-800-513-5533
604-944-9577
marine@jmins.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: