OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudslinger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Engine swap Reply with quote

Hey guys.I have an LT4 vette engine and was wondering if I can swap this out from a 350 Kodiak.Question;will the heads work for the closed loop and the headers ,will they need to be changed? just throwing this out there ,motor is in premo shape would be nice if it was in the boat Rolling Eyes
RPM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be able to make it work with the stock water pump and a heat exchanger . the ex. manifold bolt holes are 1/8 to 3/16 lower than centre and the ports are larger so create a mismatch to stock kodiak manifolds , but could be modified to work . computer and fuel pump would be needed and the purge lines from the heads returned to the heat exchanger aswell . i think one of the marine engine company's used that engine . hope that gives you some idea's.
mudslinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPM Thanks for the insight.Is this swap very feesible or not worth the effort.Running a SD-309 ,SS, A -impeller. will that change? What do the purge lines do and what kind of computer would do.I would appreciate your input seeing I think you know WTF your talking about .Again thanks.
RPM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the purge lines are at the back of the heads to keep air and steam pockets from forming . because of the LT4's reverse flow cooling this is needed because it doesn't have the thermostat crossover at the top like the conv. sbc does . not at all the guy to help you with the efi and computer , have seen a shop in southern AB. mentioned here before that can , but can't remember their name . if you can do the all required work to get the heat exchanger mounted , hoses and wiring etc. done the computer would be the biggest expense . there was a carb intake made that could use a conv. dist . would need prem . fuel and a smaller imp. for max. hp but should cruise nice with sd309 with an A .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: