OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bow River - Morley to Seebe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Bow River - Morley to Seebe Reply with quote

Does anybody want to make the run from Morley to Seebe this coming weekend? June 8th or 9th? Or even from Seebe to Canmore? I've never been on this part of the Bow River, so it'd be nice to tag along with someone who knows how to go up the rapids.

Lindsay

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm busy this weekend but just beware of this stretch of river and water levels. Its very tricky to predict because the flow depends greatly on what they are doing with all the dams. Often in spring you cannot get up the rapids because they are not letting enough water through. There's a couple nasty hard shelf's that are bad to hit(ask me how I know haha)

Also bear in mind you aren't going to Seebe from Morley there is another dam in the way.

lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Bow River - Morley to Seebe Reply with quote

Thanks James. I don't think we're going to try this stretch this weekend if nobody else is going to come. I might try the other side of Seebe through deadman flats. Spring run off should be coming fairly soon too. It was this time last year that the Bow was hit hard.

Are there any other places that you would suggest to be good right now?

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have suggested the area above the Seebe Dam as you said. Pretty run and fun if you don't get lost in the flats lol

Hope my boats ready in a week or so but work and life is reaaalllly busy. Practicing for a hang gliding high flight in July has top priority right now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: