OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

race numbers all classes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Boat Numbers Reply with quote

Viking502 wrote:
I'm thinking we talking bout CX144 ??
It was not my intent to steal someones numbers.
I have had all decals made up for a long time.
I did not realize until GP race that the 144 was already taken.
Sorry for my lack of proper etiquette !!!
If the other CX144 would like to give me a call, maybe we can negotiate a truce. (780) 221-9552

Thank
Randy

I'm just going threw the list right now. The number was registered to Dirty Oil....I believe he's out of Fort Mac and smashed his boat in Riggins. Word around the camp fire was he is done with racing and the cost's. I would still encourage you to track him down and get the OK tho. I would hate for him to come back in a season or two a think he got scooped.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And because I'm bored at work right now I spell checked your post when I quoted you, now we both know how to spell ed-a-kit! Laughing
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse could be talking about 189....Quick Decision?
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Boat Numbers Reply with quote

Viking502 wrote:
Im thinkin we talkin bout CX144 ??
It was not my intent to steal someones numbers.
I have had all decals made up for a long time.
I did not realize until GP race that the 144 was already taken.
Sorry for my lack of proper etiquite !!!
If the other CX144 would like to give me a call, maybe we can nagotiate a truce. (780) 221-9552

Thank
Randy

My comment was not directed at any specific boat or crew, I just wanted to make sure new racers were aware of this. However, again this is not directed at anyone specifically, it does make me wonder if a new racer is not willing to take the time to research something as simple yet very important as what numbers are being used by other racers, have they taken the time to discuss other types of racing etiquette with veteran racers that is not in the rule book or even just simply study the rule book?? For example, before Brian brought it up at the Watino Drivers meeting, how many racers knew that there is a 15 minute penalty for what I call "mirror driving" or AKA "Impeding a faster boat" Rule 900.11.2 on page 387 of of 2013 UIM rule book. I don't think it would hurt any racer (including myself) to show more respect to our organizers and fellow competitors by knowing the rules and racing etiquette a lot better. Every driver and navigator should each have their own copy of the most current rule book and should have the rules memorized. Again, myself included. Embarassed

j-roc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would an aspiring new racer go to inquire about which numbers are currently assigned?

Looking for an FX Class number

Sorry if I missed an obvious list somewhere! Thanks guys!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any preferences? We're changing the system to allow racers to choose any number that is not being used.
j-roc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur wrote:
Do you have any preferences? We're changing the system to allow racers to choose any number that is not being used.

Not really. Been helping out the boys with CX 277 Easily Influenced. Is there currently an FX 77?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy running it in Mexico, but that does not matter up here....if you want it, it's yours. Just need boat name and Driver name and I'll secure it. PM me if you like...if you haven't picked a name for your boat, just let me know your name
riptear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIPTEAR 211
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet Terry!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post this here where it belongs....

THIS TOPIC WILL BE ON THE AGENDA IN SEPT, I THOUGHT I WOULD BRING IT UP HERE FIRST TO CREATE SOME DISCUSSION.....

For the last couple of days I have been working on cleaning up our numbering system. I've been in contact with Lois M, and together we will work on making this a better list for new and old racers. The current list she has contains a lot of guys that will never race again and a few people with two, sometimes 3 numbers assigned to them. I touched base with a few, but will need everyone's help once the final draft gets posted to see if any names ring a bell.(I'm sure Brian and Dale recognize them all)

The UIM has thrown out the 100,200,300 series rule and it is now a free for all to choose from, in which ever class you run.(Which has been happening already anyway)The person that is on the current PDF has first crack at there number and it will not be released without verbal consent to someone who wishes to use it. We had a couple duplicates this season and are trying to steer away from all of this and not upset anyone.

There will also be a list of numbers decided by a few guys that are off limits and probably fall into that HOF category, when that becomes more established. In time I will post the updated, cleaned up version on here and you are free to contact me or Lois to pick a number or change you're number to a higher or lower one, whichever you prefer. We only ask you keep it between 1-999. CDN 1,2,3 will always be reserved for the top three overall finisher in the season if they choose to run it.

This will make your number more marketable for hats and shirts etc. Although I don't have a answer for the class initials in front of it, at least your garb will still be some what relevant.

We are also trying to collect all the running US numbers to see if we can coincide with them on this. An interesting fact....if a racer from New Zealand is running 33 and comes over here for the worlds, I would have to change mine. I don't quite get that one yet...but that's what I was told.

There is a bunch of different ways we can do this and it will all be discussed at the Sawridge....NASCAR and Motocross both have decent system with both good and bad points. We have to make this fair for everyone, if a retired racer wants to keep there number for there son or grandson, it will be up to them to not let it go. Lets try and come up with some ideas...all input is appreciated.

Chad FX33
Backdraft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Boat numbers Reply with quote

CX backdraft 121
sandman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j-roc wrote:
Arthur wrote:

Not really. Been helping out the boys with CX 277 Easily Influenced. Is there currently an FX 77?

J-Roc If you want, FX67 is available, I don't think I need to haul that one to the grave! Got the poster already anyway!
If anyone comes up asking suspicious questions though, deny everything!

Keith Kendall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A203 Rude Awakening
Viking502

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Boat # Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to get ahold of the owner of the "Dirty Oil" boat?
I would like to talk to him about boat #.

Thanks
Randy
(780) 221-9552

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: