OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZZ383 intake manifold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: ZZ383 intake manifold Reply with quote

Has anyone run a single plane vs a dual plane for comparison? Ive heard mixed reviews on both and Im currently running a performer rpm with a 1 inch open spacer at an operating range between 4000-4800 will the single plane be a better choice? thanks
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately the rpm air gap is better at that rpm. The only place a vic jr is better is above 6000 rpm. If you want more power then you can change the intake rockers to 1.7 ratio. You can do the ex also but there is not alot of gain there. Othere than recamming and diff heads the only other thing is a set of lightning headers.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You figure there's power to gain from switching to lightnings from powerflos?
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little but I wouldn't say it would be worth the $$ if you have powerflows already.
A set of AFR comp 195 and a comp xr288hr with 1.7 rockers get you to about 520 hp

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Badbowtie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the intake I had on mine, it was awesome, no hesitation and crisp power from 2500-6000rpm

While most manufacturers of small block Chevy intake manifolds have designed their units around 350 c.i. engines, World Products has developed a very efficient manifold for 383 c.i. & larger engines that's proven to increase performance by 15-25 horsepower over the competition.

In addition to out-powering the competition, it's important to note that these single plane manifolds are designed to operate most efficiently in the 2500 to 7500 RPM range, and have the low-end throttle response and torque comparable to a dual plane. Look inside the plenum and you'll see a "turtle" on the manifold floor that helps increase velocity for improved bottom-end performance.
•Plenum: Single
•Flange: 4150
•Deck Height: 9.025"
•NOS Bosses: Yes
•EFI Bosses: No
•RPM Range: 2500-7500
•OAH: 5.625"
•Port Size: 2.000" x 1.180"

Holley 4150 carb flange.

82461040_L.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.93 KB
 Viewed:  8960 Time(s)

82461040_L.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: