OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PEACE RIVER RACE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-roc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur wrote:
I don't get the whole engine tear down thing. Lets use me as an example..(I'll win a race one day) if I was protested and they removed my heads... Do I get it back in a box if I never broke any rules? If I was caught doing something I realize the suspension etc, but are the gaskets and rebuild on a honest guy as well?

As far as I understand, Chad, yup. The rules state that gaskets are at the owners expense.

What's weird though, is that, unless I'm missing something, the rules do not state who's on the hook for reassembly.

From what I understand though, its the boat owner.
boosted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys this is the exact reason we need to go to the rules meeting in Sept. Lets fix this thing once and for all. This last engine issue really is a bunch of garbage. None of this should have ever happened because only sealed motors should be allowed. This is just the beginning, stop it now or we will be doing this every race. I do not give fault to either of the racers involved. I think that the protest was well founded and from the facts it looks as though the other racer took and made the inquiries needed in order to do the things he did and remain legal. My personal opinion is that it is Not legal but strictly by the rules it appears that it is. A bad day for all racers, everyone loses.
Cx issues of the same are right around the corner. The rear cooling lines on the ls3 engines are illegal as they are not used on any production ls3 and there only purpose is to enable a more powerful tune but we have been told they are legal.
Its time for sealed engines in these classes with no modifications or repair whatsoever unless at which time it is monitored by an official and then it would only be allowed for the remainder of that race.
Phase it in over a few years and the cost is limited.
Those are my .02 but I am just agreeing with a few other racers that have come up with it.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO....Dwayne is not a cheater and doesn't deserve to be labeled as such in this instance. Call it a quirk in the system or a shitty deal, but he took all the necessary steps to be legit. Stripping him of his prize money and enforcing a suspension to 88 wouldn't be fair and I believe would be the wrong choice....of course this opens up the door for a million questions that can be brought up at the meeting. He has a fast Chrynuk tuned boat and drives like a animal. 44 can actually pull him but does not have the stability and handling he does. It's a double edged sword and you can't please everyone....JMO!
Fxhero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear the standard has been set. Machine shop here I come!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to have a CBF or UIM rep present to sign off on it.
Nice first post
Fxhero2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if tearing down a crate engine and decking block from oem spec isn't modifying it then what is?. Reassemble with aftermarket felpro head gaskets( who dont even make a gasket close to OEM spec) and its a stock crate. Come on the rules are pooly wrote, but thought they were clear enough to understand what the idea of a stock crate class. Sealed crate engines is the only answer, but if a single uim or cbf is able to sign of on engine work it will never be a true crate class. And definitely won't help with a class that's already a fading away.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be easier if you used your real username...and not the one before this one. Fel-Pro didn't win that race for him.

boosted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if the changes made any more power or not. Quit trying to look at the spirit of the rules and actually go by the rules. It's the only way to go. I know Dwayne is not a cheater. It is a problem with the rules themselves. They are open to interpretation and they should not be. Like I said the protest was made under a legit issue and then it has been found that the changes were acceptable according to the UIM interpretation of the rules. Everyone loses. No blame to either party should happen. If I have anything to say about it it WILL be changed for next season.

Last edited by boosted on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...definetly will be on the agenda!
shallowman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: CX Reply with quote

well i wonder how much it is going to help decking the block changing head gaskets on the CT motors ,as doing this to them is the same as the Fx motor that was approved ,
I think the racing officials have a new nightmare on there hands now,
good luck with that
shallowman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: motor Reply with quote

the real intent is this,,
if you deck a block put on different head gaskets it is for one reason and one reason only
to make more power to try and beat the competition , and that is a fact
and then that is not a stock crate motor any more

simple as that
boosted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case it was because of a cracked head. The cs class is goin to be pushed to sealed only motors also for this very reason though.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: motor Reply with quote

shallowman wrote:
the real intent is this,,
if you deck a block put on different head gaskets it is for one reason and one reason only
to make more power to try and beat the competition , and that is a fact
and then that is not a stock crate motor any more

simple as that

The intent was NOT to make more power...it was to avoid buying another $4500 engine by salvaging this almost new one that cracked a head. I know if I bought a bunk engine and could some how salvage the motor just to be out there I would try by going threw the proper challanges like he did..... If this mill was in my boat it would prob be a non issue. The fact that the racing is so tight in the top 4, depending on who shows up gave Nathan the right to think something was up. I'm sure he also had people whispering in his ear. No matter which way you spin it it's a shitty deal, but also a lot of positive will come from it. Should Dwyane have been stripped of his trophy, money and points? Should he get suspended for what happened? Not in my opinion....will McGregor ever approve another block repair? Should he donate the money? Should he throw into WCs pot? Should he challange 44 for a rematch?

Who knows, but one thing is for sure. It will be great to bring it to the table and clarify the Rules...etc.
Will R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this for 1.5thousands on an inch? (Used a thicker gasket than stock)Not really enough to make that much of a difference in powere if any IMO .i think his reasoning for doing it is exceptable as brian thought by passing the engine for the worlds in 2011. Kinda hard to be a cheater when he phoned the race captain to ask if it was all right before anything was done. As hard as it maybe we gotta have it black and white no grey for crate class's. sealed probably part of the answer. And repairs that HAVE to be done should be done at the scrutiny of the race comity as was done in this instance and maybe voted on by other members of the class?
- fx gmpp ct355 sealed race engine not much more than zz4
- ct525 sealed race engine
- lsx 454 sealed by race comity appointed shop

mayo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Congratulations Duane Knaus , now you can enjoy your win , and even have a little cash to go buy a new zz4 . Good job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: