OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wapiti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skimmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Wapiti Reply with quote

Hopefully the guy with the older blue and white boat that has had the chesterfield mounted in the dropped bow will see this message and be encouraged by reading this and by those who know him to go and pick up his couch presently laying in the water just up from magoos. Gotta assume it's his , haven't seen to many other couches on the river this year.
gp jory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen it there thursday too. There was another boat with a couch leaving obrien late that night aswell.
MotorheadMech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda doubt they will pick it up. Pulled up on the beach next to us 2 weeks ago and left all their cans on the beach when they went. Was that or a failed attempt on a floating couch from Newfie beach.
mudslinger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attitudes have to change.We as river runners have a tough time as it is,and I for one am sick and tired of bringing out someone elses garbage and this is no bull! every time I and I do mean everytime I bring out more than I take and 8 out of 10 its beer cans, nothing worse in my opinion than empties floating by.Well theres my rant for the day.
shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time anybody sees this type of activity post a pic on here and let's see if a little public pressure can change behavior!!!!

Last edited by shallow draft on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
skimmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

came back saturday kinda late from red willow area, beach from the cement wall to the corner past Obrien was packed with people on the way up. Now i think thats awesome, families and people enjoying the river and the water, BUT, coming back , apparently the majority of them just left all their crap and bags and broken junk right where they last touched it. SO, as usual next thing we're gonna be talking about is how the damn boaters make such a mess on the river. Almost all that crap ends up mdown river where beach folks cant access, so it must be boaters.
People are apparently by nature, pigs, and assume someone else should look after cleaning up their waste.
And by all means, every time a boater does this, take a pic and post it up for all to see, if they dont like it _____ em.
mountainman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take pictures of it all, post it on Facebook and see what the general thought is. We have a beautiful country why should a bunch of idiots ruin it. Floaters are some of the worst litterers out there, same as the people that hang out down from O'brian park.

I don't litter, I clean as much as possible and most people I know do the same.
summersled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more fellas, its pretty discouraging stopping my boat a couple times before newfie beach just to pick up a beer can and whatever else we find. There's a half dozen abandoned tubes stuck to the bank and we should take pictures of that. Boaters may get some blame for the mess but the only way to protect our passion/sport is to make sure you have a GP or FSJ or wherever River Rat membership, there is power in numbers and if the shit hits the fan about the river usage a 200+ member association has to be heard (GP RR is well over 200). The only other thing that will make most of these losers disappear is another recession...we just might have to wait for that I guess.
REPO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more, there is strength in numbers. Clubs have to work together when it ones to river closers, etc. GP has a large core group. FSJ is sitting around 100+ members, some from as far away as Kamloops and the NWT. There is also a club in Prince George as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: