OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer trip to the Yukon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Summer trip to the Yukon. Reply with quote

I am planning a trip up to Dawson City this summer with my tomcat. I was wondering if anyone on here has any advice or recommendations for some day trips or overnight trips they would like to share.
Thanks in advance.
show u one time

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: yukon trip Reply with quote

when are ya visiting the Yukon, we can take ya on a few trips around Whitehorse, let us know and we would be more than happy to show you a bit of our rivers and some good times. mike. Very Happy
X_tester

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! I'm thinking it will be late July, but I will get in touch with you when I get some more firm dates.
Cheers.
Cory.
show u one time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fur sure, we have a couple trips planned for the summer , mike.
Riverskeeter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a launch at the ferry crossing at Minto and then it's about a 45 km trip up to the historic site of Fort Selkirk. Take a lunch the site has a lot of restored buildings and a lot of photo albums of the site back in the day, we were there for hours.
show u one time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya we did carmacks to dawson last summer,, we spent a few hrs. at fort Selkirk also,, awesome time!!!
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Carmacks to Dawson Reply with quote

We are thinking of doing a trip as well this summer. Is there any place to get fuel between Carmacks and Dawson on the river?
show u one time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soory to say," nope", there is no fuel between carmacks and dawson, if ya do go. make sure ya have a map and a fish finder/depth sounder.. water can be very dirty past the white river and shallow in places.
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I have being getting most of my info: (mileage & such) from paddling sites. Is it about right to say that it is 700 k from Whitehorse to Dawson? Is there any other place to put in (boat launch) between Carmacks and Dawson? Going to have 4 people in my boat plus gear, will have limited room for gas. What type/size of boat were you ruuning, and approx how much fuel did you guys need.
Thanks a bunch Darcy

show u one time

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey darcy, mike here,, we kicked in at carmacks,mile. 0 we will say,, dawson is mile 250, we had 4 in our boat, eagle e6 351 Windsor, 276 litres, 72 gallons, we drifted a lot just on idle to steer, we did get on step a bunch of times runiing at say 27 mph, so we did use fuel,, going back up river to change course, opps wrong channel, we used all 276 litres, and I brought 5 Gerry cans, and yup I used them all, we took 5 days to get to dawson, with late strarts every morning, doin 50 miles per day, will get ya to dawson no problem, some days 60/ 70 miles, so,, really depends on how ya wanna run down or your time frame. You can cut off 56 miles by kickin in at minto,( down river from carmacks) but you will miss goin through five finger rapids, the river is a little tricky after minto, as there are a lot of sandbars and shallow in ALOT of places, fort Selkirk is an amazing village,, like walkin back in time! soo much history of the river there! past there, when u get to the white river the river turns very dirty! real dirty! glacier silt, , and the river opens up to a shit load of channels, back eddies, and false channels, widens out and some times hard to find which way to go. ya gotta pack drinking water, do not drink the water past there, but if ya got the balls and the drive, its all worth it! my back yard growing up is the 30 mile river,( Yukon river),,,, lower laberge to hootalinqua , we kick in at the campground at laberge, zipp across the lake, pray like shit its calm!!!! 27 miles, and then ya hit the river, lower laberge, great history on there, next stop, hootalinqua, were the teslin river meets the Yukon, beautiful water all the way down clear , clean! nicer part of the river, from there to carmacks105 miles,, good river all the way , easy channels to follow and great scenery, sorry to blabb on,, lol! but if ya need any more info,, give a shout ,,hell well even run down with ya, give ya a little guided tour if ya want,, cheers mike.
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

Thanks mike all your info: it is greatly appreciated! We have been boating every stretch of the Athabasca for over 20 years. We always talked about going up to Dawson, and I figure if your going to Dawson City. ya otta go by river....lol. We are all a bunch of history buffs as well, and every thing you mentioned sounds sweet! One of my jetboating partners that also wants to go is coming up to our lodge this weekend to help haul in my summer fuel. We are going to sit down over a few coolies, and possibly start planning. Thanks again for all you info: and I hope to chat with you again soon. and possibly take you up on your offer. We were thinking Late July to early August. When is normally the best time to run the Yukon?
Thanks again chat with you soon.
Heres my e-mail. drop me a line please so we have a contact grwadventures@gmail.com
Darcy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: