OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trim tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Trim tabs Reply with quote

Question for all you with trim tabs, was looking at installing on my nahanni but wanted to know is it a pain in the ass every time you start the boat have to find the sweet spot for them because they auto retract every time you shut the engine off? Or the buttons with the LEDs is fairly accurate? Example if my boat runs good at say three LEDs lit up all I have to do is lpress buttons until they light up and good to go? Thank you for your help and any tips on installing them?
50/50

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them on my Thunderjet Bulldog. Yes I can go 2 lights + one tap on right, and 2 lights on left. Every time.

I have a bow tank as well as a rear tank and depending on fuel levels , they help in leveling.

They came installed.
F*ckLand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my boat, 21ft eagle sport, i have the tabs with LEDs and they're pretty bang on when you adjust them from zero but after that if you adjust them a bunch it seems like they get out of sync with the LEDs. But honestly i change them all the time and you can just feel what the boats doing and adjust. I love them, i put them way down to point my nose down when chopping through another boats wakes for a smooth ride, or also good for chopping an nut lol. If I wanna blow a big roost at low speeds i can adjust them so i don't porpoise. There very cool and fun to play around with.
fog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Trim Tabs Reply with quote

Scott - while it's nice to be in the sweet spot for general run-a - bouts. I have found the trim tabs really shine when paired with a GPS on long haul runs. It was not unusual to improve my "speed" by 5 km's per hour with the same rpm's. Made a big differance on fuel burn on some of our Great Slave Lake adventures.
20 ft Marathon - 200 opti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: