OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventure boats ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skimmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Adventure boats ?? Reply with quote

Anyone at all familiar with the new Zealand built little boats. My question is will a 16 ft with a sport jet perform similar to a 16 ft firefish or lynx or any of the locally made shallow water tough bottom boats ? Will it stay on plane at really low speeds or are they designed to need speed to plane ? I see lots of videos but unless I'm mistaken most of them are in skinny narrow water but not many rocks. I'm notbtalkingthe mini 10 and 12 ft but he 16 ft boat , looks similar to the mini but a size like the firefish center consol one.
Not many around, any experiences would be appreciated.
Boomhower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole idea of the mini jet boats people are now building in a 10-12' size is the weight and price. It is also just a fad that will maybe die off in a couple years. The small boats also give more thrill being in a small really light feeling boat. U feel more pull and more bumps.
The center console boats such as the Outlaw Tomcat and Firefish center console are very toughly built and rugged utility boats, they will run very shallow water and will take a pounding. But are a chore when you get them stuck compared to pushing a little 1000 mini boat back in the water.
A 16' sport style hull with a flat enough bottom will run just as shallow.
tuchodi51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is what you're after, but the New Zealand style boats run a steeper degree of hull. Usually 12-16. They need more speed to plane compared to the flatter 8 degree boats built by Firefish and Outlaw. As you probably noticed in their videos they are not moving slow. They will go shallow just have to be going fast. Same deal if you put a 16' outlaw sport hull up against a 16' lynx in the same water. Just my experience , hope it helped.
skimmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuchodi51 wrote:
Not sure if this is what you're after, but the New Zealand style boats run a steeper degree of hull. Usually 12-16. They need more speed to plane compared to the flatter 8 degree boats built by Firefish and Outlaw. As you probably noticed in their videos they are not moving slow. They will go shallow just have to be going fast. Same deal if you put a 16' outlaw sport hull up against a 16' lynx in the same water. Just my experience , hope it helped.

Actually that's exactly what I was kinda looking for, that's what I was assuming from watching the videos and type of rivers they seem to mostly run. There's one I was kinda looking at would probably be a hoot but if I'm gonna buy a second boat I want something small and light so when I run it on shore my buddies don't have to work so hard. LOL.
tuchodi51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a 16' outlaw lynx and a 16' shuman. Both could be pushed out of most screwups by two guys. Unless you're in a mud flat, then it's everyone you can find lol. Fun, versatile boats. I Upgraded to a 19' Hammerhead ,big and heavy in comparison,so I ordered a 12' from Firefish. Something small and light to play with. Not looking forward to this first time I plant the Hammerhead.
Blue Cuda !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Design makes a difference Reply with quote

2cents worth...
New Zealanders build sharp cornering, fun boats. A water go cart. As stated usually 12 degrees minimum. This allows the pump intake to be out to the side and not under the boat when cornering hard. They have no provision for "stuff" like moose and huge coolers but fun.
We tend to build utility boats that can carry a good deal but still plane and handle at slow speeds. Thus the 8-10 degree hulls, open bows and dive decks out back that we build.
There is nothing in the world that is effected so much by design than a boat hull.

Information is free. Knowledge takes time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: