OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some feed baxk on boat launches in Fort McMurray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anzac outlaw

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Need some feed baxk on boat launches in Fort McMurray Reply with quote

Good day folks,
Myself and a few other long time residents and pationate boaters are being asked for some input on the historical, current, newly constructed, and unconstructed future launches in fort McMurray.

Please share your thoughts with us so we can bring it forward.
In the interest of getting something positive from the discusion if you feel the need to really unload as this topic has lots of pasion and blood pressure lately please in box me privatley so this does not get too ugly.

Okay lets hear it??

JJH

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Area is nice, launch is good but very steep. The way the concrete ends and the gravel begins makes for a sketchy launch after a few guys have used it. Went to use it and found it was covered in gravel and almost slipped on my arse getting out of the truck. As for a general use area though I would like to say it is extremely nice and will def get four season use.
anzac outlaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: update on McMurray launches. Reply with quote

Hello again boaters,
The snye launch will be closed from August 3rd to accomidate the Alberta summer games and re construction of the boat ramps, Slated to re open for Mid October in time for the late hunting season.

The horse pasture west Launch is to be closed earlier than first planned on June 22nd to accomidate the user driven changes to the design of the parking lot and new launch angles and current off set.
This launch is also sceduled to be open for October 15th in order to ensure we have a late season ice free ramp for the late season access to the river.
The Newly constructed East boat launch will be the only recognizied launch for this summer, Although it is a challenge at times and the loading and unloading area is less than ideal this is what is required to finnaly get the other launches upgraded for a wider range of users and skill levels.
Un officially the Golosky ramp is still open but is use at own risk as it is not a recognized ramp at this time.
Happy boating folks and keep it safe out there......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: