OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New hiding spot ,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shallowman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: New hiding spot , Reply with quote

they will hide anywhere to catch speeders , hahahaa

unnamed-3 10-12-15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.91 KB
 Viewed:  25768 Time(s)

unnamed-3 10-12-15.jpg

Neutered

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tax payer money well spent.
REPO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH! Where and when was this?
Joed4040

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: News Reply with quote

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmonton/RCMP+boat+capsizes+four+officers+make+safely+shore/11132556/story.html
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to bad that this had to happen but it does show that the RCMP have alot to learn about having respect for the river. Evryone like to treat the river like a lake and it is NOT. I worry about when the RCMP wants you to stop and they proceed to pull up and maybe sink you both.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Joed4040

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what happened but stuff happens fast when things go south. I dont know what their driveline is but american turbine jets are famous for the reverse bucket sticking with sand in the plastic bushings. This caused a few surprises for me early in my boating career. just glad no one got hurt.
mudslinger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JOED I'm curious as how a guy remedies that bucket sticking . I have come across that more times than I can count and it has put me in some precarious situations .I have a place diverter mind you on the AT: SD-309
Neutered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill a 1/4" hole in the centre of your reverse bucket. Install a good steel eyelet, tie a good rope to it. Attach rope to back of the boat, when reverse sticks down go yard up on the rope. Save you from breaking your reverse cable end.
joed40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What neutered did. I welded a small tab on the top side of the reverse bucket and used a plastic covered cable tied to the boat on the other end. And when the bucket sticks pulling the cable usually frees the bucket. The procedure usually happens fast as it will stick when you least need it to happen lol.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.67 KB
 Viewed:  25047 Time(s)

image.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: At Bucket sticking Reply with quote

We install cables from the bucket to the swim grid to facilitate clearing the sand out of the pivot points. When the bucket locks up from sand, do not get heavy handed on the controls! Work the bucket loose with your hands, or the cable / rope (Engine OFF).

Here's how to avoid the issue most of the time; instead of using the engine and pump to get you off the trailer / river bank / sand bar (which stirs up the fine sands and silt and locks up your reverse bucket), push the boat off by hand and fire it up in the deeper water. This will greatly reduce the opportunity for sand and silt to work their evil magic.

It also saves you a lot of wear and tear on your Impellor, wear liner, sand trap.

Happy boating!
russbrownlori

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or call ex welding in Prince George and get his reverse bucket nozzle and no more problems and better steering and performance. I have just put one on mine and am very happy. no more sand into my pump as it is more of a hamilton style bucket.
mudslinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input and advice guys .Kudos to all .Simple fix for all the times I went into panic mode running from controls to stern.Sheesh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: