OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuchodi trip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perpec

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Tuchodi trip? Reply with quote

I have decided this is a bucket list item.
Are there any outfitters or groups that head to the lakes regularly? We are from nowhere near the Fort Nelson area but I am looking to take my family to explore this beautiful part of our country.
I do have a couple questions about the trip. What is a good amount of time to plan to make the trip? I'm assuming 1 day up 2 days at the lakes 1 day back can anyone tell me the distance to the lakes from the nearest launch?
where might this boat launch be?
Any big rapids on the way or just skinny water and gravel?
Were just looking for any good info to help us make this trip.

Thanks a bunch in advance

Smoke Show

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is 2 outfitters up there however I don't have their number off hand. If you want to follow someone up http://www.muskwariveradventures.ca/ has a guiding license for the area and does boat rescues as well. If he can't he can point you in the the direction who does.

Boat Launch: Lat: 58.785985 Lon: -123.517013
Tuchodi turn off and place I'd recommend you dump some fuel: Lat: 58.366735 Lon: -123.621640

Watch for the can opener, there are some big rocks before you really start climbing elevation. Some rock walls in the first part but no canyons per say. Really shallow up top with multiple routes is the issue, you really have to know how to read shallow water. Lots of log jams is the biggest safety concern. I haven't taken my family up because of high probability of getting stuck and having to get out and push, worried about the kid. End of June/Beginning of July is the best for water normally. End of summer/fall she can get pretty damn shallow and you best have a tough boat. That being said it has been high water this year.

Video of us leaving the lake heading down the first splits last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKCql_fH4XU

Scenic video between the two lakes up top just to excite you how awesome it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB4oO1G8Uug

perpec

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information. It looks like i should start planning a trip for the beginning of July next year.
perpec

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone planning a family orientated trip up early summer of next year?
Riverjet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perpec wrote:
Anyone planning a family orientated trip up early summer of next year?

Perpec,

I will shed some light on your questions. First off going up with the family in July can be a wonderful fun trip for the family. I have taken my family at that time. They loved it! East Tuchodi lake will take you approx 4 hrs to boat to (depending on how fast you travel of course). High water in July makes this trip much more enjoyable than in Oct! In high water you will pass over much of the grief in the river no prob. The splits below the lake can confuse some. Trick is to boat slow and pick your way through. Camping in the lake is wonderful!
I am usually up there early July making a few trips a week up to the lakes. You are more than welcome to follow me. I boat up there more anyone so I would be happy to help. I do towing and recoveries/parts deliveries if need be.

There is one guide/outfitter up there in Tuchodi. They are nice people. As boaters we never refuse a boat in trouble so it's nice knowing you can get assistance that time of the year. However you must be 100% prepared for emergencies.

I am the licensed Transporter/packer there so if u need anything just ask. I'd be more than happy to help.
Riverjet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Smoke Show"]There is 2 outfitters up there however I don't have their number off hand. If you want to follow someone up http://www.muskwariveradventures.ca/ has a guiding license for the area and does boat rescues as well. If he can't he can point you in the the direction who does

Smoke show FYI
Doug, the guy operating Muskwa river adventures is not a licensed guide for the Tuchodi area whatsoever. He is operating under Big Nines permits via Barry Tompkins. As a result he is only allowed to operate in Big 9 (Barry's) areas. Which do not include Tuchodi river. To do so otherwise would be illegal. And I'm sure the C.O's would like to know.
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Riverjet"]
Smoke Show wrote:
There is 2 outfitters up there however I don't have their number off hand. If you want to follow someone up http://www.muskwariveradventures.ca/ has a guiding license for the area and does boat rescues as well. If he can't he can point you in the the direction who does

Smoke show FYI
Doug, the guy operating Muskwa river adventures is not a licensed guide for the Tuchodi area whatsoever. He is operating under Big Nines permits via Barry Tompkins. As a result he is only allowed to operate in Big 9 (Barry's) areas. Which do not include Tuchodi river. To do so otherwise would be illegal. And I'm sure the C.O's would like to know.

My bad. I just knew he was up the Muskwa but wasn't 100% sure about Tuchodi, thus the comment if he can't he can point you to who can.

perpec

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info I didn't mean to start a war Smile
I will keep an eye on this thread and re post a little closer to next years season.
Again thanks for all the grate info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: