OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuchodi Lakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Tuchodi Lakes Reply with quote

A friend and I are interested in heading to Tuchodi lakes this summer. I have some questions, what time of year would be best for water and weather? Do you unload right at ft.Nelson? I've been measuring the route on google earth and it looks like its about 115miles in?

I'm thinking of driving from Rocky to Nelson on day1. Boat from Nelson to Tuchodi lakes day 2. Stay for days 3,4,5. Back to Nelson on day 6. Drive home day 7.

I think if I haul about 1000lbs of payload, that would be people, camp and 200L of gas. Probably stop at the Tuchodi river and top the boat up and leave the remaining gas there.

I understand the Tuchodi river can get quite thin at times. Our boats are good for low water, not so good at hauling the big loads.

Any info would be great, thankyou.
Dodgeman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Tuchodi Lakes Reply with quote

You do not want to unload at Ft Nelson, you want to go up to the Kledo launch about a half hr past. It is on your left and is signed, if you hit steamboat you've gone too far. I've never run to the lakes(know lots who have), only up the Muskwa, so can't say too much about the Tuchodi, except it definitely can get skinny in the fall. I'd recommend July-early August for the best water levels. Takes me about 1.5hrs to the mouth of the Tuchodi and then I believe your about that far again to the first lake, give or take. When you say 200 litres of fuel, I'm assuming your talking extra, on top of what your boat holds? Hope this helps.
sheep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Thankyou Reply with quote

That helps alot, Ill look for that other boat launch and see how many miles that knocks off the river.

Thats exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking about the same trip this year, went further north last couple summers, its a long drive with a boat from Rocky to Ft Nelson in one day, probably 14 hrs or so. 8 or 9 to Ft St John, we generally stay there first night, 200L/ 45 gal sounds too light, if its 3 hours upstream loaded at 10 gal/hr that's 30 gal , only 15 to get home, none for fishing or looking around the two lakes, we generally go about the last week of june, if the runoff is down, story is lots of trees and log jams that may have to be cut through, maybe the locals can fill in on that and be more definite as to the milage to the lakes, also the best time to fish , two guys or two boats going, any women ?
sheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the drive would be a big day, but thats only the plan for now. At the time we would see if we could break it up a bit. With the info Dodgeman gave me the new google mileage is around 85 so that was great info. The 200L of fuel was over and above a tank full. But with this new milage of 85, its like going from rocky to saunders and back, one way into Tuchodi lakes. So I wouldn't even need to carry an extra 200L, I could probably carry my original 180L tank full and an additional 100L would work. There would be 2 boats and couple women going as well as a bunch of kids. I imagine I could talk Sam into going as well, he has a very rubbery arm. I would plan at stopping at the mouth of the Tuchodi river and fueling my boat up and leaving the rest of my gas there for the run up to the lakes, so if there is alot of stopping and going I wasn't loaded so heavy.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha aha , if Sam is going you won't be short on gas , we went up the kechika a few years ago 1150 gallons between 4 boats ! I had 235 gal in a 20ft with a 350 olds/berkley combo, we came home with more gas than some people took ! awesome trip, definitely got me hooked on the north !
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: tuchodi lakes Reply with quote

Sheep....did you make the trip last summer ? how did it go ? when did you go , and how was the water levels, how much fuel ? good spots to camp ? catch any fish ? we are going this year for sure, last week in june ? depending on the runoff, ...locals chjme in ... is there lots of snow up there this year, is it late in moving or about normal , anything to be cautious of, ok to leave vehicles, any comments welcome, thanks in advance
sheep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we ended up to busy last summer, never had a day off for most of it. Anyway I am interested in all the info as well as we are trying to make it this year some time mid july.

I found the Kledo Launch on google that Dodgeman recommended, from there it measures out to about 40 miles to the tuchodi river confluence and then another 40 miles up the tuchodi to the lake.
sheep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: made it happen Reply with quote

Finally made this trip happen, 44miles to the muskwa, 39 miles to the lake. So beautiful up there. Water is faster than expected in both the tuchodi and muskwa needed to run higher rpm then expected, so burnt a little more fuel than planned but the best trip I've been on. Drove to Nelson Monday, launched at Kledo tuesday morning, left the lakes sunday morning, back home Monday night.

IMG_8440 outlaw.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  390.07 KB
 Viewed:  26046 Time(s)

IMG_8440 outlaw.jpg

IMG_8394 outlaw.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  448.57 KB

IMG_8394 outlaw.jpg

IMG_8384 outlaw.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.65 KB

IMG_8384 outlaw.jpg

DIGGINSWEATINSWEARIN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks awesome, tried to make the trip up last Thursday, but my trucks transfer case decided to become separate auto parts all over highway 97 Crying or Very sad 1300.00 tow bill home
sheep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRE1zD4r5M

little video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: