OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how much weight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangle1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: how much weight? Reply with quote

I have a 18ft outlaw with a carbed Kodiak 350. Wondering what the max weight people run in similar boats including fuel,gear,people etc

Doing a 130 mile trip next month and just trying to wrap my head around how much weight is going to be to much

Thanks
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this will be much help, but a few weeks ago I found my boats limit. I have a 20' CW with a 6.2/Hammy. Doing a favor for a bear hunter I brought him down some Americans. Put my boat to the ultimate test....there were 7 grower men, 8 large duffel bags, 8 flats of beer, 4 long rifles and a bow. I had 100gal of fuel on board and all my gear that stays in there. I figure it was over 2000lbs. The boat didn't hop on step like I thought it would, and handled like a tank but I got er done. Took a lil finnese to get on step and I had to run 37hun instead of the usual 31-3200. Was a great experience and I now know what it's limits are. Pretty weird when a boat you know is a totally different boat handling and power wise....went to pisss off the back and my swim platform was under water.
murr190

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what pump do you have and how big of on board fuel tank?

I run a 20ft nahanni with a carbed 350 and SD-309 AA impeller w. 250L fuel tank.

I have had right in the neighborhood of an additional 2000LBS in the boat and ran with no issues. 5 people, 120 Liters of gas, Food/Beverage/Gear for 3 days. Plus all the normal stuff that stays in the boat- tools, tarp, spares ect. I was able to run around on step 34-3500RPM downstream.

Its not necessarily about the weight but about load placement, if you can evenly distribute your weight you will be doing yourself a favor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: