OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to get serious, rigging questions....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably lose my "sneeky racers badge" for this. Shocked Sad Giving away hard earned and high priced technical pictures and operational secrets. Cool Hope I never have to buy another one. The guys who make a living making these probably won't sell me another one now. Note rock, gravel and sand gouges in various pictures. Embarassed Good thing it is made of hard steel. Usually have to re-paint after each outing......

Dvc00015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.77 KB
 Viewed:  7327 Time(s)

Dvc00015.jpg

Dvc00014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.19 KB

Dvc00014.jpg

Dvc00013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.62 KB

Dvc00013.jpg

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and one more. Hope this helps

Dvc00016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.56 KB
 Viewed:  7326 Time(s)

Dvc00016.jpg

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
G-force

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that last pic really shows how organic these parts are. of course in the right hands a sheet of steel and a hammer can be created into anything but that is not easy fabrication to say the least. unless i am missing something here? i understand why the glass guys cast theirs in aluminum. hey what would happen if you took a steel handmade nozzle and took a titanium casting from it? would it just be a bit lighter or would there be any other advantages/disadv to a casting?
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really apreciate all the info guys. Gary as usual you came thru with some great shots.
I'd just like to clarify I'm certainly not going to try to make these myself with any disrespect to those who make/sell them now nor do I intend to cut into anyone's business. I'm just not in a position to shell out the cash at the moment. I do however tend to thrive on the challenge of making stuff and more so if there is someone saying it can't be done hehe
I've always been this way and doubt I will change anytime soon! Of course it is always wise to listen to those who have "been there done that" so thats why Im asking for pics and advice.
I do kinda like the idea of making a 2 part nozzle like Gforce showed. That would allow bolting on different upkick angles on the same droop and the same upkick on different length droops. Gonna have to whip up some CAD and send it off to out laser cutter........

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: