OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Park Coming - Jetboating will be affected!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forplay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: New Park Coming - Jetboating will be affected! Reply with quote

Folks,
If any are not aware – now is the time to get informed.

The Alberta Government has proposed a new Bighorn Backcountry, that will convert 5 of the 6 Public Land Use Areas west of Nordegg into Parks, and creation of a massive new Public Land Use Zone (PLUZ) that extends from there to Drayton, Rocky and Sundre. There is also a new park being done on the North Saskatchewan. This proposal is being done outside of formal planning, since 54% of people did not support these changes – and 85% of those clearly stated they did not support these parks.

In the south, Albertans we’re told all recreation and trails would remain by the minister (same as being done with this one) – and then we lost 95% of the trails in Castle, and 74% of the trails in the new Public Land Use zone. Random camping, hunting & fishing access and trail riding has all been severely impacted.

As been heavily involved for last few years as director for Alberta Off Highway, Chair of LoveYourTrails we’ve been fighting the same issues down south (Castle) and as still a jetboater “when” I have the time – this issue is now going to affect our boating sport as well.

Attending the “information sessions” and in coms with the bureaucrats – I brought up river boating. Nowhere is it listed as a permitted activity in the proposed new North Saskatchewan Park, and in the PLUZ use has to be designated. At minimum expect west of the Trunk Road will be a no go, but very concerned about the rest of the areas in the PLUZ. We already know that signs have been put up restricting boating upstream of the Clearwater once it hits the PLUZ.

Being fully aware of who is pushing these parks along our entire eastern slopes, this NDP governments support and alignment with them, and the tactics they use – Jetboating is on the hit list of activities. With Trout Recovery programs vetoing any social or economic variables in use designation, I am very concerned of continued access on the North Sask within this PLUZ.

I highly urge the boating clubs, dealers and stakeholders to step up and get involved. There is only 49 more days of “input”, and I assure you this park/plan will be implemented in February. For preventing it, and/or reversal of it – it is imperative we get the affected to input on the public survey, as well as clubs/stakeholders to write clarification letters to Alberta Parks. You will be told don’t worry, and I’ll post the letter showing you why you can not trust them if there was any doubt.

I recommend everyone take the time to do the survey for all areas listed, be sure to state you do not support these changes in every comment box, and click the boxes with do not support, very dissatisfied etc. You can do the survey here:

If any one has any questions, would like more information – please don’t hesitate to drop me an email. (gschmidt@cw-industrial.net) One last thing, for those of us still in the Oilfield or what’s left of it – note this: New Oil&Gas Developments will be permitted, but NO surface access allowed. The new PLUZ will have new processes to even try and get surface leases. I’ll just leave that one right there for the economic impact of this bs proposal ….

Regards Garett

Bighorn Proposal Landing Page: https://talkaep.alberta.ca/bighorn-country (Survey halfway down page)
Few Links for information:
https://www.facebook.com/Alberta-Off-Highway-Vehicle-Association-332048513495867/
https://www.facebook.com/Loveyourtrails/
http://aohva.com

NorthSask.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.5 MB
 Viewed:  12464 Time(s)

NorthSask.pdf

Catalac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would encourage people to complete the survey, the influence of the Y2Y group to close this down are a very well funded bunch. Note to text above “NSR will likely be closed from trunk road west” this is a wonderful stretch of river would be a tragedy if closed to river boats.
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more, Y2Y needs to be stopped
Forplay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just and update folks.

I've updated the maps for people to understand the regulations impacted by this land use proposal, for both Random Camping and OHV use. We are WFO fighting this.

For who riverboat as well, also included the regulations regarding - as it is a 250$ fine for boating in a "non-designated area" of a Public Land Use Area under Section 185.6 - which there is no framework for the boating clubs to be part the of designation process.

We have setup a survey link, as well as a very easy letter to simply enter your name and click submit to help support the fight to preserve access. It's on our main page at http://www.aohva.com. I've also attached a copy of the letter, if want to make copies for customers, friends etc - just make you mail them in to the address. The Enivro's are doing theirs, so we need those actually using the land too as well.

Public meetings you can attend (I'll be at most of them), and drill the GOA on - are as follows:

Monday, January 7, 2019
Drayton Valley – Drop-in Public Information Session
MacKenzie Conference Centre
5745 - 45 Avenue
6:00 to 9:00 pm

Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Red Deer – Drop-in Public Information Session
German-Canadian Club of Red Deer
38167 Range Road 280
6:00 to 9:00 pm

Monday, January 14, 2019
Sundre – Drop-in Public Information Session
Sundre Community Centre
3, 96 - 2 Avenue NW
4:00 to 9:00 pm

Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Edmonton – Drop-in Public Information Session
Radisson Edmonton South
4440 Gateway Boulevard
4:00 to 9:00 pm

Thanks!
Garett
780 690 0372

Maps_Regs.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.82 MB
 Viewed:  12111 Time(s)

Maps_Regs.pdf

Bighorn_Letter - Copy.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.21 KB
 Viewed:  12111 Time(s)

Bighorn_Letter - Copy.pdf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: