OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water separator vs fuel filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velcro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Water separator vs fuel filter Reply with quote

Hi guys, have a 502 in a deltapad wich has a water separator and an in line fuel filter one after the other. Just can't figure why i have both. I feel like just the water separator should do the job... Any advice?
Rivernut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel filters separate particulates (boogers) while water separators filter water from gas by the differences in density. Some water separators include particulate filters. Some of the most common types are just under-slung mounted fuel filter canisters. Most dedicated water separators have a way to drain-off the water with a valve or by removing a screw. Some also have a sight-glass to see the accumulated water and even an alarm beeper to alert you when they are full.

Velcro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my water separator says it filters down to 21 microns, i guess i'll just delete de fuel filter.
Thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: