OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2004 240 sportjet water leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwk266

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: 2004 240 sportjet water leak Reply with quote

my boat sprouted a water leak and I was trying to locate where it coming from.Found a pushed out gasket on the rear bottom of the engine just above the jet drive.How difficult is getting at the gaskets not sure if it is expansion chamber or adapter plates.Have reasonable mechanical skills but zero marine experience.If it is not recommended to take it to a dealer any tips or important things to know would be super
blen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little water left in there froze and pushed gasket out over the winter. Simple job you need to pull the engine and replace gasket. Hopefully you can get a chain hoist and lift the engine enough to slide the gasket in and out. that way you do not need to remove fuel and electrical connections. I believe people drill a little drain hole back there so it doesn't freeze again but I do not know where they drill. Maybe do a search.
blen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a little thought there is a drain hole in the adapter plate just in front of the exhaust risers. Its a small hole prone to plugging that I think people drill out a little larger.
blen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/forum/alaska-boating-forums/alaska-power-boating/110115-papd-optimax-drain-kit
cwk266

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Blen I guess I will get myself a manual and have at her.Called around today and all the boat guys in my area are busy for at least 2 weeks.Thats to long to be down in the middle of summer.Will check utube for a video that would be a big help
cwk266

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the motor out,got the parts to reassemble just wondering about the drainhole.Looking down into the pan from the back of the boat just above the narrow part of the pan there is a threaded fitting aprox .5"od is that the drain hole?I have blown it out with air is there anything else I should be doing before bolting it back up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: