OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LSA fuel pump suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: LSA fuel pump suggestions Reply with quote

My buddy just got a new boat last year, it has a LSA for an engine, the issue is, he is getting about 8-10 hrs of run time per fuel pump. Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue may be or what fuel pump to use? I havent put any amp meter on the pump power leads but i'm leaning towards to much amperage...thanks in advance.
wildinjun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost 2 in 74 hours. Kodiak suggested to check the plumbing from the tank and the mounting height of the fuel/ water separator. I lowered my fuel/ water separator to below top of tank level; im on my third pump now so i'll see what happens.
phatboy07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pumps are you using?
The suction fuel lines have to be the right size diameter and set up from the fuel tank. The LSA demands a lot of fuel and can starve a pump if not plumbed right. Pump being set lower than the tank helps as well. Here is an excpert taken from mean chicken jet forums as I was having some other issues with mine but was directed to check fuel line size etc...

"Check the size of the pick up in the tank. A lot of them are 3/8 Id, and then have a sharp 90 at the top with a fitting that has a little ball and spring check valve inside. This setup will not flow enough fuel to keep up with the demand of the engine at high load/rpm. The high flow electric pumps have very little suction, and need to be mounted as low as you can possibly get it, and at the very minimum the suction lines need to be 1/2" ID. If it's a later model with the pump mounted under the damper then you should be fine, but check the pick up for sure. Restriction on the suction side is the quickest way to kill those pumps"
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you add an aftermarket fuel mat inside the tank? they absorb the fuel and help consistently feed the pump. Holley in tank IIRC
rustyzipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its my buddy wildinjuns boat.....what pumps you got in there randy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: