OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everybody! I've got some questions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Only, is absolutely right!
Doing what you want to do and carrying that many people.

Unless your happy with the transom on the bottom of the lake and the nose pointing straight up in the air all day trying to get a skier up. Laughing

Small block will do it for you Wink

Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have to jump in and stick up for the lonely 2 stroke and the sport jet, granted the V8 is more economical (fuel consumption) and sounds better than the screaming, whining, and stinky 2 stroke, BUT try taking a 19' sport with a V8 up Christmas creek (just an example), they are 2 different rides completely, these boats, with their speed and handling will get you out of trouble, and as far as I am concerned should be and are the ultimate starter boat, they are easy to learn on, very forgiving when learning to read rivers and now that they can equipped with a heater that actually works, running this little boat on a skinny narrow river will undoubtedly the most fun you can have with your clothes on, they do however have 1 set back, they lack a windshield, and as far as the noise, we all ride a 2-stroke sled all day long without any complaints, the economics of a sport jet, say a 17X at 38K, and a E6 at about 60K, my math says buy 2 boats the 17 sport jet and get a glass lake boat for 25K, I know I'm swearing saying a "glass boat" but more boats the better, right Arthur II
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 17 foot sport, started out with a 350, and went to a 383, more torque for pulling, lighter than a bbc,and good gph for a jetboat. cam and carb it for how fast you want to go, and start grinnin! Oh and after you start running skinny water you'll be puttin your tubes up for sale!!!
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They "can" have a windshield
Wink

Cheers

IMG_1481.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.4 KB
 Viewed:  15709 Time(s)

IMG_1481.JPG

Last edited by Xerophobic on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, what up with the picture it took me all day to look at it all and by the time i got to the front i forgot why i was looking at it in the first place!

I guess that size does matter after all Laughing

And to throw in my two cents, bigger boat and V8 for sure, I am trying to build a 21, sport openbow although there are some that say they can be a bit of a handfull on the rivers nearby. I will be mixing it up between Lakes/family and rivers/buddy's it doesn't hurt to have a little room for the gear!

Good luck on your hunt Jason and hope you get the right one either way you will have a blast.

21 Sport 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.76 KB
 Viewed:  15715 Time(s)

21 Sport 1.jpg

DOC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your on Karey, ill follow you through christmas creek anytime !
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my math says buy 2 boats the 17 sport jet and get a glass lake boat for 25K, I know I'm swearing saying a "glass boat" but more boats the better, right Arthur II

I do agree with most of Karey's post....aside from the glass boat part Very Happy He's got a good point about starting small.I started with a 21' pushing around 450hp and had my share of ooopps. Embarassed But learned from them all, and am glad I went with the bigger boat in the end.The amount of gear you need to take along is unreal... beer,tent,coolers,beer,duffel bags,sleeping bags,tools,rum and beer.That's not including a tub of parts as well.It's all in what kinda boating you want to do.Contrary to what my sig says,I have yet to buy a second boat.It will happen in the near future,and it will be smaller with UHMW on the bottom with either a SJ or a small block for easy pushing.Not sure if I helped or confused you but good luck finding a boat.

P.S.-Mike R has a boat in the BUY and SELL that looks like the perfect starter boat.Small block power with what looks like,Comfortable seating for four...Check it out,sounded like a real nice guy on the phone. Cool
Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's better James!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better for sure....... Curious to what hit that Burgundy boat behind that SJ with the HW?

Who needs a boat when you can walk on water like this guy........

josewalksonwater.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.38 KB
 Viewed:  15677 Time(s)

josewalksonwater.jpg

Alumaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, what a question you have asked. 2 stroke or 4 stroke? boat design, hmmm, then there is pump manufacturers or impeller's too, and forever more things to consider.

Your right to ask these questions, that is what forums are about, and everyone who has responded has provided some very good advice.

and my advice is "only you will know, and its only the river that will eventually tell you"

What you want in a river boat will inevitably change and evolve.

Pulling skiers, tubers, boarders, going camping, fishing, hauling out a trophy elk, racing, extreme shallow, whitewater, or just cruising & taking in the scenery.

Two words, "compromise" and "purpose"
Most boats are a compromise of what we want, and when we get something that isn't a compromise it is usually single purpose designed.

So...keep getting all the advice you can, make your purchase, then go listen to what the river is whispering to you.
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to carry four or five people and tow.

Sport jet? forget it!
SB V8!

Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur, the boat in the background sunk. It was a very terrible accident.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Arthur, the boat in the background sunk. It was a very terrible accident.

It looked to me as if something fell on it(first glance)Someones bad luck for leaving it tarped up, outside under a tree.Very sorry to hear of the mis-fortune. Sad
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevo I dunno what happened there I chose a smaller pic but prolly got distracted when i actually clicked the file haha
I was pretty shocked to check back on this thread wondering who the knob was that posted the massive pic only to realize it was me LOL

Oh well fixed it up now. From what I'm told we've built 2 17 sports with high windshields obviously before my time. Perhaps Kevo can shed light here.

Personally I think you better accept its going to have to be a compromise either way cause the only way you'll ever be 100% happy is to own 3 boats, or wait was that 5????? Shocked

Cheers

AR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the compromise, but pick one that will serve your primary need 100% and then serve your secondary interest as a compromise.

I enjoy my V8 Beer Can boat the most, but if I wanted to take 4 or 5 friends, cooler, skies, wakeboard, and gear I would have to take my Fiberglass boat every time. It's a bow rider, BBC, with a boom and a tower. If you're going to learn all the tricks you'll need a tower. If you just want to pull a tube or kids on a pair of skies, any boat will work for that . . .

The most important thing for a new boater is not to get the male/female ratio wrong. Wink Laughing Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: