OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team Tuff-N'-Nuff #163

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Team Tuff-N'-Nuff #163 Reply with quote

"B" Class Whitewater Marathon Jet River Racer

Drivers: Duane and Gary Labrum from Wilder and Nampa, Idaho
Naviguessers: Gary, Evan and Sheena Labrum from Nampa, Pocatello and Boise, Idaho

Specifications:
1997 Eagle Tunnel Hull
361 cubic inch Dart (SBC design) powered
Thrust provided by American Turbine

Sponsors:
Labrum Homes
Tucker Construction
Hollon Haulin' Autobody and Towing
KC Supply/PPG paint

Worst Crash:
2004 Grants Pass on the Upper Rogue-Findlay Bend.....
Sleeper rock just at surface. Hit it slightly right of center at about 85 mph. Knocked us in the air and spun us 90 degrees to the right. Intake, grate and suction housing destroyed, hurtling straight at a grove of river trees on the bank. Motor screaming-NO steering. Hit first tree that is leaning to the left. Boat rolls up on right side and goes knife edge into the trees. Forward rollbar deflects trees and large limbs from our faces and shoulders saving us from serious harm. Harnesses keep us in boat and helmets/face shields keep small debris and sticks and leaves out of our faces. Boat enters a clearing 54 feet from the waters edge and falls back-upright!!! Repairs involve cutting out/replacing keel, intake and grate and a new suction housing. WE live to race another day in spite of severely damaged wallets.

Accomplishments/Happenings:

First race 2003 on the Salmon-River of No Return at Riggins, Idaho in the Family Fishin' Boat. 1988 Weldcraft. Finished the first day intact. Broke our only impeller second day. We're HOOKED!!!

2004 found a used Eagle Tunnel, picked up two podium finishes, crashed our boat in Grants Pass (see above), ruined one motor at Roseburg and finished out the year with the motor from the Family Fishin' boat and learned some things..

2005-"B" Class winner and Overall Winners/Idaho Cup-Salmon River. Only the second "B" boat to do so. Destroyed 2 motors during the year. OUCH!

2005 and 2006 Second Place (aka Last Loser Confused ) US Points Championship "B" Class.

2006-First Place at Roseburg and Riggins, Seconds at Grants Pass, Hoopa and Albany. Same motor all year!! AND we did not hit anything at Grants Pass. Got to battle an oil/header fire at Roseburg though.......just something horribly wrong with a fire in a boat surrounded by water.
B Class Jet River Racer Flying Kilo Record Holder-APBA Region 10, APBA/US National and UIM/World.

And finally-Long of wind and prideful........ Embarassed Rolling Eyes

tight squeeze.jpg
 Description:
2005 Salmon River-Tight Squeeze
 Filesize:  167.75 KB
 Viewed:  12416 Time(s)

tight squeeze.jpg

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you coming to Canada for the worlds ? It be nice to see a few US boats come up. Very Happy

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Dawg-
Unfortunately no, I do not think I can make it. I took a week off in early March to accompany my wife on a vacation. Each race in the US series requires me to take a couple of days off to get there and back for each race (and supporting each venue in the US series is my first boat racing priority). My youngest daughter is getting married in early June with festivities in 2 different states that require my presence- (more days off). I am also in the process of building a new home and shop that will be completed within the next 10 weeks and will require a move that is going to take some more days away from work. I am one of only 4 employees at our branch/warehouse and one is about to quit. I figure the Worlds will take another 2 weeks off-time off I just can't take. Going to the Worlds was penciled in last year, but all these other things have knocked it off the radar. I am still running my '06 motor that has 6 races on it already-and I have not taken the time to freshen it. (My '07/ backup motor is still just a machined block on a motor stand and an assortment of other parts in boxes and cupboards). I know, I know, WAAAA-WAAAAA, but I just can not see any way clear to make it. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I not only can't put my money where my mouth is, I can not even put my mouth where my mouth wants to be Sad

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ur, I know what's it's like to have list of things to do that just keeps getting longer. Well I hope to meet you in mid August I'm trying to organize to be down there in an BBFX boat.

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: